by rebekula

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Transparent Swimming Pool Walls in Library/Gallery

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all expansions, game packs, and stuff packs installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a pool and save it. And/Or Go to the gallery and search for recently saved and uploaded swimming pools. Several swimming pools dating back to 2/21/19 appear distorted or have missing/transparent walls.
What happens when the bug occurs? As of a few days ago, whenever I create a swimming pool and go to save it, the walls of the pool appear distorted/transparent. The first time I noticed it was right after I created a natural swimming pool and went to save it. I attempted to place the saved pool on another lot, and all the objects I added to the sides of the pool were floating in the air. I tried everything I can think of to make the problem go away, but each time I create a new pool and go to save it to my library, you can still see the problem with the walls.
What do you expect to see? Saved swimming pools should appear as they did when they were created. Their walls should be visible, and items placed on the pool walls should be there in the same place (rather than floating in the air) after the saved pool is placed back on a lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please help.

Message 1 of 11 (1,550 Views)

Re: Distorted/Transparent Swimming Pool Walls

Hero (Retired)

@rebekula I can confirm the difference in appearance of in-ground pools recently saved/uploaded vs. older in-ground pools.  However, in testing, I've been unable to reproduce the floating pool objects you mentioned.  What specific objects did you place in the pool, and how were they placed?  For instance, did you need to turn bb.moveobjects on?  Did you elevate object heights using the cheat?  Is your room with the pool and floating objects on the Gallery so that I might download and test it?  If not, would you consider uploading it?  If so, please tag me with @ and my username if you would and let me know the name of the room and/or your Gallery ID.

Message 2 of 11 (1,522 Views)

★★★ Novice

@BryonyRae, I was able to go back to a previously saved game to get the pool. I uploaded it to the gallery just now and tagged you in it under "Natural Desert Pool- Test."

I did use bb.moveobjects on as well as bb.showhiddenobjects. I placed rocks, plants, trees, etc... but also a fishing sign. I saved another version of it without the fishing sign, but when I went to place it, all of the objects were still floating. I've created several pools with fishing signs in the past and didn't have this problem before. I haven't elevated or lowered any objects using cheats. 

My account ID is "rebekula."

Thank you for your help!

Message 3 of 11 (1,516 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@rebekula I was able to download your room and indeed see the issue upon placement.  When you built the pool, which lot did you use, and did you change the lot's terrain at all before building on it?  If possible, can you upload the original build rather than just the room to the gallery?  Thanks!

Message 4 of 11 (1,481 Views)

★★★ Novice

@BryonyRae, it looks like the original lot I placed it on was Sultry Springside in Oasis Springs- where the pool looked completely normal at first before saving. However, I did try it out on the Agave Abode lot as well. I didn't make any terrain changes that I know of before I built the pool. I will go back and check and see if I can upload the lot with the pool on it.

I did end up making a similar pool, only this time in Strangerville. I saved the pool and placed it on another Strangerville lot, and the same thing happened. 

Message 5 of 11 (1,477 Views)

★★★ Novice

@BryonyRae, I found the original built lot with the pool and uploaded it to the gallery for you. The item name is "Desert Pool Lot - Test."

Message 6 of 11 (1,458 Views)

★★★ Novice

@BryonyRae, It will probably look and function as it should until you save the pool itself and try to place it again.

Message 7 of 11 (1,457 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@rebekula I downloaded your build, which placed fine, but again saving the pool from it to a room caused that room to place incorrectly with objects elevated.  I tried once again to reproduce the issue, creating my own pool room, but my room functioned properly.  You say you've encountered the issue again in Strangerville.  Would you please go over your build process for me with regard to the pool?  I'm interested in which tool(s) you use to draw the pool - whether you altered the shape once you had it and if so, how (a video would be very helpful if possible).  And on the Strangerville lot, did you modify any of the terrain?  Which lot were you building on in that world?  Thanks!

Message 8 of 11 (1,409 Views)

★★★ Novice

@BryonyRae, I believe I originally placed that pool on Cliff Side Crest. After saving it, I tried placing it on Creek Corner Cove. That's when the rocks, etc. were floating. I didn't change the terrain at all, and I use the Custom Pool Tool when I create my pools. 

I've never made a video before, so I'm not sure how to go about that. 

Message 9 of 11 (1,406 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@rebekula Sorry for the delay - I did additional testing but was still never able to generate a pool with your issue.  I notice that you have additional pools in your Gallery - did you create any of them after the problem pool?  Did you experience the problem again with any of them?  I'm going to go ahead and add the transparent pool walls in Gallery/Library portion of this issue to our list.  We still need to figure out how to reproduce the floating objects issue.

Message 10 of 11 (1,296 Views)