Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Townies with no Sexual Orientation at all

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them. Except Journey to Batuu and any of the kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait for the game to generate new townies. And check their Sexual Orientation.
What happens when the bug occurs? All of the newly generated townies have no Sexual Orientation, none of them. Plus, their Romantic Exploration is set to No. Which means it's basically impossible to fall in love with townies without changing their Romantic Exploration to Yes.
What do you expect to see? To at least have their Sexual Orientation randomized.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.

Hi! It's me, again.

After playing for a few hours in a new save. My sim wanted to get boyfriend, but none of the newly generated townies he met had any Sexual Orientation. Also their Romantic Exploration was set to No. After a while I started checking every newly generated townie through the Manage Households and the same goes for all of them, their Romantic Exploration was set to No and they had no Sexual Orientation.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 57 (10,881 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Townies with no Sexual Orientation at all

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I just checked the update files and did a play test and the bug seems to be fixed (although it is not mentioned in the patch notes).

There have been significant changes in the file that my mod fixes. I am not entirely sure if I understand everything yet, but it seems each new townie now has a 50/50 chance to be attracted to either gender. In my play test (no mods used) the game generated some hetero and homosexual Sims, but I assume mathematically there will be 25% homosexual, 25% bisexual, 25% asexual and 25% heterosexual Sims in the long run (probably only regarding single townies because generated families are set up differently).

Whether a Sim is exploring still is 50/50 as it was before. The numbers seem not to be dependent on play style anymore.

I advise everyone that used my fix mod and has updated to version 1.96.365.1030 (Infant update) to remove my mod as it will probably break and is not necessary any more.

View in thread

Message 49 of 57 (4,007 Views)

All Replies

Re: Townies with no Sexual Orientation at all.

Hero
@Csabuszkah I checked a few of my townies and they all have a setting for each. Some do not explore but they have an attraction set.

To be sure it's not a mod issue: Did you delete the localthumbcache file ? At which point did you remove your mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 57 (10,800 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict OMG it worked! There are still quite a few townies with no Romantic Exploration or SO but that's fine. I feel a bit embarrassed. Thank you so much for the help! 😀
Message 3 of 57 (10,737 Views)

Townies not interested in romance/whoohoo

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions but High School Years, all game packs but Wedding Stories & Werewolves, all Stuff Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When townie sims spawn in game check the sexual orientation tab in CAS
What happens when the bug occurs? Townies created by the game spawn in with the exploring romantically ticked 'No' and none selected with interested in WhooHoo .
What do you expect to see? The blog post mentioned that unless user directed sims would keep the default settings prior to the update.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. High School Years patch

I've tested this in three new saves but whenever random townies spawn their sexual orientation is set to 'No' for romance and whoohoo. Its always the same No Romance/No Whoohoo so its not randomizing the orientation. Sims I've created in CAS have the correct default setting of exploring romantically 'Yes' and interested in both men & women .

Message 4 of 57 (10,686 Views)

Re: Townies not interested in romance/whoohoo

Hero
@Briyell I merged your post with another thread on this.

For OP it was a mod doing the weird combination that leads to issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 57 (10,632 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Csabuszkah I’ve been having this problem too. I play on the PS4 so I can’t possibly have a mod issue. How can I fix this?
Message 6 of 57 (10,516 Views)

Hero
@g0unevvezcv9 you have to take them to CAS and change it there. Since you were able to check the orientation you should also be able to change it same place.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 57 (10,504 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict "it was a mod doing the weird combination that leads to issues" - what mod?
Message 8 of 57 (10,434 Views)

Hero
@Julerra Don't think OP said.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 57 (10,422 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Csabuszkah Здравствуйте, можете уточнить, какой мод вызывал эту проблему? Мне удаление кэша не помогло, а модов у меня раз-два.
Hello, can you please clarify which mod was causing this problem?
Message 10 of 57 (10,415 Views)