With Snowy Escape installed, Newly Generated Townies Always have Asian Names

by seablomkvist

Original Post

Re: Lack of diversity in townies generated and townies don't stay in their world

★★★ Guide

All my Spellcasters that randomly generated in ROM, all have Asian names

Message 21 of 36 (2,049 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Townies in worlds spawn with Asian names

★★★★★ Newbie

No solutions to this yet?

Message 22 of 36 (2,003 Views)

★★★ Guide

I use NoCLILNames Mod for now, but you have 3 choices.

1. Just Put Up with It

2. Use a Mod that deals with this

3. Uninstall Snowy Escape

Message 23 of 36 (1,975 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Solutions are the whims of dreamers...EA isn't listening and there's a good chance that Japanese/Chinese investors have a major stake in EA.

Message 24 of 36 (1,524 Views)

★ Guide

Hi all, I am Asian too but this is getting annoying considering those new spawned townies have random greyed out skins with japanese names.

The only turn-around i did was to use cas.fulleditmode to re-customize the townies that have their roles in Get Famous studios, Restaurants, Spas, Get to Work places etc.

With this at least you have a pool of townies with diverse background instead having "japanese townies" all the time.

Other than this, i regularly delete townies that spawn randomly after that.

Message 25 of 36 (1,495 Views)

★★ Guide

I especially believe that this issue needs to gain priority soon with High School Years about to come out. I'm concerned that all the randomly-generated teachers and students are gonna follow these trends that the townie generator is fixated on.

Message 26 of 36 (1,419 Views)

With Snowy Escape installed, Newly Generated Townies Always have Asian Names

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Get Together, Seasons, Cottage Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Ever since I had Snowy Escape all my new randomly generated townies have Asian names. This was happening since Snow Escape released and was never patched
What do you expect to see? For randomly generated townies, names should not be 100% asian, should still be like the base game experience
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

See above

Message 27 of 36 (1,319 Views)

★ Guide

Agreed so hard!! It's tiring to see a hundred of Itos sitting in the same restaurant, knowing full well none of them are related. The generator for Polish names is also soooo limited and the names are so unnatural that I don't know what's worse now. I wish we could add our own names to the name pool. The character limit certainly doesn't help when you play a non-English-coded household.

Message 28 of 36 (938 Views)

★★★ Novice
@justinejeanetta This happens to me mostly with spellcasters.
Message 29 of 36 (808 Views)

★ Guide

I have this but I don't even have Snowy Escape... so I wonder if it is not directly a result of that pack.

Message 30 of 36 (772 Views)