Re: [OPEN] Towel outfit has random accessories

by manzana0807

Original Post

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

The easiest way to fix this is to use the Dresser module of MC Command Center and run the command to remove all accessories. That will usually be enough to stop a Sim from being generated with them again in the towel outfit, but if it's not I just blacklist whatever accessories the Sim is wearing for the towel outfit, and then it definitely doesn't happen again.

Message 71 of 95 (2,136 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Having this plus other graphic glitches since June 2019 game update. Was planning to buy island expansion but have since stopped playing the game until an explanation can be found.

Message 72 of 95 (2,116 Views)

★★★ Guide

I never had this problem until the latest patch for June 2019 upon starting a new game. Now all my sims in towels also have helmets, formal gloves or necklaces. No mods or cc in game

Message 73 of 95 (2,092 Views)

★ Pro
@manzana0807 Although MCCC seams to be a great mod I do not use it. I have the towel issue since Seasons and I want EA/MAXIS to fix this bug rather than installing more and more mods just to fix their old issues. Hopefully this will get a fix one day.
Message 74 of 95 (2,041 Views)

★★ Pro

I understand @LuvMySimz , but considering the number of problems with outfits in the game and the lack of attention to them by Maxis, I was simply posting an option for people who already either use MCCC and didn't know about what I posted or for people willing to try it that don't use it already.

I would love an official Maxis fix for this problem, the broken GeekCon outfits, and the other outfit bugs, but in the meantime I'm willing to do what's necessary to alleviate the frustration.

Message 75 of 95 (2,026 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I just ran into this same issue in my game a few moments ago. I too have the Spa pack. When on a Spa lot, choosing to wear a robe makes my sim wear random accessories along with the robe. I've never chosen those accessories before. It's confusing and frustrating. 

Message 76 of 95 (1,953 Views)

★★ Guide

I noticed this for the first time last night, Sims at the gym wearing a towel and beekeeping hat - although in this case it seems that only Sims from played households were affected - for once random townies seem OK with no accessories

Message 77 of 95 (1,916 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My sim is now bald when changing into the robe at the Spa. This just started. 

Message 78 of 95 (1,896 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This bug has been driving me crazy, and it only started happening since the last patch as far as I can tell. I've got the random accessories with the towel outfit and just like @Aveliexa, npc sims waking up and changing into an outfit that isn't one of their preset ones.

It happens without mods, in a new save, so mods aren't to blame (I expected they might be). I've tried just about everything and the issue still persists.

Message 79 of 95 (2,568 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Still not fixed as of today’s patch. So disappointing.

Message 80 of 95 (2,534 Views)