Re: [OPEN] Toddlers not receiving Top Notch/Happy Toddler traits on aging up

by LunaticVariant

Original Post

★ Pro

Rather amazing that this issue didn't get fixed in yesterday's patch. Are they telling us this issue is super difficult to fix for some reason?

Message 121 of 137 (1,014 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

I did a little testing and I think I found out where the bug is occuring.

Both the Top Notch and Happy Toddler traits have hidden trait counterparts that the sim should be rewarded (once the requirements are met), while still being a toddler. They are called Top_Notch_Toddler_Hidden and Happy_Toddler_Hidden. You can cheat those traits onto your toddler. Once they grow up, they'll get rewarded with the visible top notch/happy toddler trait just like it worked before. But for some reason the hidden traits never actually get rewarded and that's the problem.

Message 122 of 137 (979 Views)

★ Pro
@LunaticVariant, it’s great that you were able to dig into the problem like that! Hopefully this info will help them come up with a bug fix.

In the meantime, I just have to keep remembering to cheat the trait in for every. Single. One of my 100 Baby Challenge children. I’m on #67! 😭
Message 123 of 137 (950 Views)

★ Guide
@LunaticVariant I wish I could give you more XP for this answer! It is a superb workaround since we can't go back and check if they should have gotten the trait once they grow up!
Message 124 of 137 (924 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sometimes happens to me too (not with all toddlers). I also have problem that some young adults dont have traits from parenthood pack which they acheave during teenage age (of course they did the limit to acquire them). I also notice it happens just if their birthday are during celebration with candles and cake. If you just let them grow old without cake they will have their traits. 

Message 125 of 137 (897 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So, I finally got to the bottom of the bug.

The objectives 143080 and 143081 are being completed as intended when you level the toddler skills to 3/5. Normally, these objectives would trigger the hidden aspirations to complete - however before completion, the python code first does a check, whether or not the aspiration to be completed is valid for the sim (Aspiration.is_valid_for_sim).

This method basically says children can only do child aspirations, teenagers can do teen and regular aspirations and YA and older can only do regular aspirations... but EA just totally forgot about toddler aspirations. There's no if-statement for them here and there's no toddler specific aspiration flag, so they are treated like adult aspirations - and therefore can not be completed by toddlers. So, all it takes for you guys now is just add a little is_toddler_aspiration flag to all aspirations and include it in the method, or just hardcode the toddler aspirations into the method.
You're welcome, EA.

Message 126 of 137 (773 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Adding the hidden trait is the only thing that helped me. Thank you!

Message 127 of 137 (683 Views)

★ Apprentice

The only way I managed to solve this was through MCCC.

You don't need to add the hidden trait before aging up, you can do it on your child right away. 

Just open MCCC on your sim of choice, click MC CAS - Manage Traits - Add Trait

Then you need to type in:

Top_Notch_Toddler

The crucial part is keeping the underscores and not typing the entire command you would usually do in the cheat bar.

This was the only possible way for my sim to have the trait added.

Message 128 of 137 (554 Views)

Top notch toddler trait not received when aging to a child

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.87.88.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Discover University, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living, Horse Ranch, Dine Out, Growing together, Jungle Adventures
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Age up a toddler with 3 or higher skills. The happy toddler or top notch toddler traits will not be applied.
What happens when the bug occurs? The trait is not rewarded to my child sim.
What do you expect to see? The happy or top notch toddler trait to be in it's place as expected.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I wish I could show you, but my toddler is already a child, I can't re-do it. I play without cheats, without mods, I play vanilla style for achievements. I made sure my toddler had ever skill maxed, expecting the top notch toddler trait, and all my child has is the top notch infant trait, that I already had. So, I thought that time it was a glitch. I made a new save with a new family, and created my toddler this time, got all skills to max again, and still no reward trait given. It's happened twice. I'm also apart of a Sims 4 community on Facebook. Lots of people are having the same problem. 

Message 129 of 137 (473 Views)

★ Guide

Wow this bug has been around for some time already... and there's even a solution to it *tips hat at @LunaticVariant *

I just noticed it with my two toddlers.

Message 130 of 137 (329 Views)