Re: [OPEN] Toddlers not receiving Top Notch/Happy Toddler traits on aging up

by PipMenace

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion

I just speed ran raising a toddler, created after the HSY patch. All skills at 5; after aging up, no top notch or happy toddler trait. I'm on Mac, in a save that has never had mods in it.

Note the next day: trait still doesn't show after aging up from child to teen (someone said theirs appeared later), though child aspiration trait applied successfully.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 21 of 137 (3,372 Views)

★★★ Novice

Do the devs read these bug reports? I am having this issue too and cannot play my savefile until it's resolved Frown

Message 22 of 137 (3,308 Views)

★ Novice

I have this problem too. I had twins who I aged up after I got them both at maxed skills. But did not get anny reward trait at al. But they got al their child skills at the end of lv 2.

I play on PS4, so I don't use cheats in this save file. I did try to set my data of my sims game back before I did the aging. Hope I can go back at it after this bug is gone. 

But now I can't play the sims4 because I do a challenge and I want my sims be the best they can. 

@Kerrybubbles wrote:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Age a toddler to a child whilst having their skills in the range for one of the reward traits
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddler ages up without reward trait
What do you expect to see? The appropriate reward trait given
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch for High School EP

When my toddlers are aging up to children they aren't receiving their reward traits for reaching level 3 or above on their toddler skills.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title a bit

@Kerrybubbles wrote:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Age a toddler to a child whilst having their skills in the range for one of the reward traits
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddler ages up without reward trait
What do you expect to see? The appropriate reward trait given
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch for High School EP

When my toddlers are aging up to children they aren't receiving their reward traits for reaching level 3 or above on their toddler skills.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title a bit

Message 23 of 137 (3,296 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Kerrybubbles I'm having the exact same problem.
Message 24 of 137 (3,254 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Having the same issue, but it feels like skills are still accelerated.  I've raised one of these bugged toddlers to adulthood and she's gained skills pretty quickly.  Not sure, though.

Message 25 of 137 (3,093 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I cheated the trait onto my toddlers that should have received it (THEY WERE ROBBED) and it's visible and working if cheated on.

Message 26 of 137 (3,083 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Same here. It's annoying since you work so hard to teach your toddlers all the skills so they can have bonus on future skill building but they don't get bonus trait. I love playing families. I have 3 Toddlers who had all skills maxed. Movement, Communications, Thinking, Imagination all level 5 and potty level 3 but no Top notch Toddler trait when they aged up. I hope this get's fixed. I did do a test without mods and still happens.

Message 27 of 137 (3,061 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have this issue also, both with and without mods. Previously, toddlers received the reward traits as expected, but since the HSY update, none of them do. They recieve the child aspiration reward traits as expected, and the adult ones, but not the toddler ones.

In my gameplay, they do not receive the toddler rewards upon aging into young adult. Cheating the reward trait onto them is possible, and how I've "fixed" the issue.

As a side note, when my teens age into young adult, they're always prompted to choose a new aspiration now.

Dez

Message 28 of 137 (3,020 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Solution: I had the same issues since the high school update no dlcs installed, no mods. My normal lifespan toddler had all skills at 5 and 3 in potty, i didnt receive any trait so the problem still exsist. I suggest until the gods of sims make a patch we use the traits.equip_trait top_notch_toddler command. I suggest you earn it as well but this is totally up to you 

Message 29 of 137 (2,947 Views)

★★★★ Novice

traits.equip_trait trait_Happy_Toddler for those who wants to stay accurate as possible

Message 30 of 137 (2,945 Views)