by MapleSimmer

Original Post

[OPEN] Toddlers not receiving Top Notch/Happy Toddler traits on aging up

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Age a toddler to a child whilst having their skills in the range for one of the reward traits
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddler ages up without reward trait
What do you expect to see? The appropriate reward trait given
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch for High School EP

When my toddlers are aging up to children they aren't receiving their reward traits for reaching level 3 or above on their toddler skills.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title a bit

Message 1 of 137 (46,261 Views)

Re: Toddlers not receiving reward traits on aging up

Hero
@Kerrybubbles Are you playing without mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 137 (46,222 Views)

★ Guide

Yes.  I've never used mods or cc.  It has only been happening since the last update.

Message 3 of 137 (46,213 Views)

Hero

Could you please edit your post and add the following info to your post.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently working on/off but it helps if you are not prompted for the template while editing, please answer the questions anyways. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 137 (46,182 Views)

Top notch toddler trait not being given out even after the latest patch.

★ Apprentice

pretty much self explanatory. my toddler is all maxed out but no reward trait is given. should be replicable

Message 5 of 137 (46,129 Views)

Re: Top notch toddler trait not being given out even after the latest patch.

Hero
@ardicbicer I merged your post with the bug report on this.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 137 (46,082 Views)

Re: Top notch toddler trait not being given out even after the latest patch.

★ Apprentice
@crinrict thank you! i'd searched for a topic beforehand but i couldnt find it. sorry for making a new one.
Message 7 of 137 (46,048 Views)

Re: Toddlers not receiving Top Notch Toddler traits on aging up

★★★★ Novice

Having the same problem for both Happy Toddler and Top Notch Toddler. I had a pair of twins, one with maxed out skills and one with everything at level 3 and neither received the reward trait. I tried adding the traits with the traits.equip_trait cheat but it did not work either.

Message 8 of 137 (45,985 Views)

Re: Toddlers not receiving Top Notch Toddler traits on aging up

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I've had something similar happen, but not exactly the same. I had two toddlers in different saves.  Both had enough skills for happy toddler when I loaded in to play. The skills they had were from before the Jul 26/22 update, but they hadn't maxed their skills, so didn't have enough for top notch toddler. I had them both max their skills, but both only got the happy toddler trait and not the top notch toddler trait they should have got.

I got a screenshot for the second one (screenshot of skills before the toddler aged up and screenshot of the happy toddler trait they got instead of the top notch toddler they had earned. 

In the one save, I had a second toddler who had already maxed all their skills before the July 26/22 update, I just hadn't aged her up yet. When I aged her up now, i.e. after the July 26 update, she did get top notch toddler. I've not played any toddlers who didn't have enough skills for nothing yet, but I'm curious if those who have discovered this were playing with toddlers who didn't have enough skills for the rewards before the July 26/22 update.

Regards,

Jennifer

Version PC: 1.90.375.1020, no mods/cc in my game since the update, all packs but a few kits.

Message 9 of 137 (45,815 Views)

Toddlers aging up to children not receiving happy/top-notch toddler traits

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series S
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.39.2310
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All available EP, GP, SP and Kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Aging up a toddler with level 3 skills or a toddler with level 5 skills into a child.
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddlers with level 3 skills or level 5 skills are not being given the happy toddler or top-notch toddler traits when aging up to children, despite having the required skills. It is also not possible to cheat to reward them with the trait after aging up.
What do you expect to see? Toddlers meeting the skills requirements should get either happy toddler or top-notch toddler reward traits when aging up to children. I should also be able to cheat this trait for them if I choose to play with cheats.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I only noticed this around the release of High School years so either PC: 1.90.358.1030 / Mac: 1.90.358.1230 Console: Version 1.61 Or PC: 1.90.375.1020 / Mac: 1.90.375.1220 Console: 1.62 But I am not 100% sure which. It definitely wasn't happening around the Werewolves release.

I have filmed a quick gameplay video of a toddler with level 3 skills, and a toddler with level 5 skills aging up without their respective reward traits. 

https://youtu.be/vc6RDRYOH6E 

I have also included my attempt to cheat the traits for the children after aging up, but not being given the traits, but both are able to receive the webmaster reward trait. 

Message 10 of 137 (45,790 Views)