[FIXED] Toddlers not eating pan fried tilapia/ grilled fish/ ...

by KatieKule

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Toddlers not eating pan fried tilapia/ grilled fish/ ...

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Journey to Batuu, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Spa Day, Moschino, Romantic Garden, Luxury Party, and the kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a toddler try and eat a plate of food.
What happens when the bug occurs? They take the plate of food, and sit down with it. They just sit there, plate in hand not eating it.
What do you expect to see? Toddlers actually eating their food.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the March 23, 2021 patch, which supposedly fixed the issue. I never had it before but now I do.

I've tried resetting my sims, and restarting the game. Nothing works. I haven't used any of my mods for two months because they aren't working, so that's not the issue. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title, added tag

Message 1 of 27 (1,684 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Toddlers not eating

Hero

Toddlers can be picky eaters, but Toddlers not eating any fish recipe? That is suspicious,
so we had a chat with the little angels and we have found a way to help them enjoy the
complex flavors of our fish recipes.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 27 of 27 (1,153 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Yeh i'm having some issues with trying to get Toddlers fed too, the only way that works is if i do it like i did in TS2 where i pick them up first, tell the Adult Sim to put the Toddler in the High Chair then get them to give them food, but not before the Toddlers reach dangerously low Hunger Levels cos i'm waiting for interactions to finish.

Also all the Adults in the house keep swarming them then take them out of the High Chair instead of recognizing they're Hungry and need food, so i have to make sure they're sat down or doing something while i get 1 adult to feed them and i have to be quick about it before the Adult Sim decided to try and do something else like Make Tea lol. If i'm dealing with Twins then i'd have to get 2 Adults to pick up the Toddlers, put them in a High Chair then feed them where i need to be REALLY quick and make sure the first Adult that made it down and put one of them in a High Chair is either sat down or i'll make them go tend to their Needs so they aren't in the way trying to take them out.

I feel it would be easier right now though if i just turned off Free Will while i feed them then turn it back on once the Toddlers are done eating cos it's a bit chaotic.

Message 2 of 27 (1,669 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KatieKule This was actually supposed to be fixed in the last patch. Could you try a game repair ?

What foods to you have issues with ? Any ?

Food that seems still affected

• Fried Fish
  • Grilled Fish
  • Pan fried tilapia
  • Kalua Pork Plate
  • Grand Meals
  • Tofu Chicken Stir Fry 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 27 (1,640 Views)

★★ Novice

I repaired my game and now they can eat some food but still not all. Thanks!

Message 4 of 27 (1,624 Views)

Hero
@KatieKule Which ones do you have issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 27 (1,618 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict mostly just the pan fried tilapia. I haven't seen any other foods giving issues.
Message 6 of 27 (1,606 Views)

Hero
@KatieKule Adding that to the title. Let me know if there's any other foods you still have issues with.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 27 (1,591 Views)

Re: Toddlers not eating pan fried tilapia

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hello everyone!

I have this problem too. Today I repaired my game, started it without mods and with cache filed deleted.

So, since I'm playing 'apocalypce challenge', we can feed sims only with fish dishes (cooked with fresh fish in their inventory), it's fried fish (from pit or grill) and fried salmon. These two dishes are our basic menu.

And toddlers refusing to eat any of those. Toddler just grabbing a plate and just sitting with it and nothing is happening. It looks like some thing is broken in this action. Because some elements of 'toodler eats smth.' action / animation are still here and others are just vanished away.

I can't say anything about pan fried tilapia because in other families I have option to feed toddlers with toddler dishes and in 'apocalypce challenge' game I can't do this so it's ruining whole challenge. Frown

Message 8 of 27 (1,539 Views)

Hero
@snapun-lj Did you patch your game to the newest version ? Most foods were fixed in the last patch. Try repairing your game if you have.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 27 (1,514 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrictmy game version is 1.72.28.1030, I patched my game the day patch was released, and today I decided to repair my game after I noticed your yesterday advice to KatieKule to do that. It was last hope to me. So maybe most foods were fixed, but not all of them. Frown

Message 10 of 27 (1,510 Views)