Re: Toddlers doesn't want to stay in a high chair

by PriestessAvenara

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Toddlers doesn't want to stay in a high chair (Patch 1.63.136)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put a toddler in a high chair. Toddler immediately asks to be taken out of it (doesn't matter if he/she is hungry or not), so they parents stop what they doing and get them out (even if they taking foods for them).
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddlers keep asking to be taken out of high chair so your family cannot eat meal together.
What do you expect to see? Toddlers gonna stop asking to be taken out of high chair just right away or parents starts ignoring their request.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is annoying because you have to put them in high chair so many times to make them stay there.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 26 (5,321 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Toddlers doesn't want to stay in a high chair (Patch 1.63.136)

Hero

Toddlers are more likely to be content in their high chairs when their needs are taken care of. They may however continue to ask to be removed from the chair if left alone for too long, or another Sim checks on them

Fixed in Patch 1.96.365/1.71

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 26 of 26 (2,681 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

Im having them same problem , my sims will put the toddler in the chair them , takes them out too Frown its sooooooooo annoying 

Message 2 of 26 (5,277 Views)

toddlers wont stay in the armchair

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? i have everything expansions, gp,sp
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? when you put the baby in the armchair then the sims will takes the baby out again . and i´ve took the cc fold out and still does it
What happens when the bug occurs? when you get the sims to put the toddle in the arm chair.
What do you expect to see? to let the baby stay in the arm chair while eating food instead of the sims keep taking the toddles out of armchair
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Everytime my sims will pick up the toddle and put the toddles in the armchair for feed them but then they start taking the toddle out of armchair

Message 3 of 26 (5,021 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Pro

@Maysbat  I've outright given up on high chairs. It takes you forever to get them to stay, then the toddlers think it's a good idea to shove their food on the floor. Meanwhile their hunger is dropping so low you are about to lose them. Just make a few plates of adult food without sugar and put it on the floor and direct them to go eat it. They grab a plate, eat properly, play a little in the food, and drop their plates off on a nearby surface. No social services needing to get involved because a game mechanic has gone so insanely haywire you spend most of your time just trying to get them fed. Sim toddlers have to learn to sit and eat properly at a young age. *laughs* Mind you they still can't eat at your dining table, so have one of those bear chairs nearby if you don't want to ruin your living room look, or a living room type chair or couch nearby. I usually like to space their food, where they can eat it, and then where they can put down their plate far away from each other for easy movement skill ups and I still don't lose my toddlers to child services.

Meanwhile, my first experience with a toddler chair nearly resulted in that happening until I paused the game to look for a solution because little one needed food NOW. I plopped down the bear chair, some left over scrambled eggs right next to the toddler and told them to eat and saved myself some serious heartache. I was on eggshells until they started eating. High chairs are kinda like hard mode if you catch your child before they are truly hungry for some cute toddler antics or when they are sad to soothe them because getting them to work is tricky. They get hungry so fast it just isn't practical to use them to actually keep your toddler fed.

You can still give them peas, applesauce, and the other normal baby foods if you get an older SIM to get a quick meal and stop them from eating it. Once they put the plate down you can put it on the floor and the toddler can eat it instead. It's just easier to make big meals of things you can see a toddler eating like pancakes or the egg selections or even grilled cheese. I used to "challenge" my twins with grown up meals since it reminded me of how little ones are always more curious about what you are eating than their own plates. So I was imagining them stealing Mommy or Daddy's plate and going to town on it. Hahaha.

Message 4 of 26 (5,270 Views)

★★ Guide
@PriestessAvenara I usually prepare food for whole family and everyone taking from that (even toddlers despite the fact in real life they couldn't reach the top of the cabinet). But one day I decided to use high chair (I pay money fot it so I shoud use it, right *laughs*) and I had this issue and I didn't mind then, because I rarely use it. But few days ago I was play testing one of apartments to put in the gallery and I had this issue again, but this time it makes me mad cause we all bought the game and it doesn't even work properly.
Message 5 of 26 (5,261 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've seen this sometimes too that a Toddler is asking an parent to been taken out from the highchair or if a other sim take them out though there is already food on highchair or if parents prepares a meal. It's even annoying and time wasting by playing a household with twins or more children and one of the Toddlers is angry or sad because he/she is very hungry, complains and gets a notification that the toodler is very hungry and to give food before he/she being taken away. That's even the reason why I don't buy always highchairs.

Message 6 of 26 (5,232 Views)

Re: toddlers wont stay in the armchair

Hero
@unicorn_vdb26 Are you talking about the high chair for toddlers or a couch chair ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 26 (4,992 Views)

★★ Pro

@Maysbat  I do feel like high chairs be fixed as well, but I've kinda given up hope since the expansion is so old and they still haven't fixed it, the odds of us getting a fix are probably slim. Just because we found a work around doesn't really excuse that it's a problem. Realistically, parents start children off in high chairs and for good reason. It keeps toddlers safely at their own personal little table and they are messy eaters who often play with their food that you don't really want stuck to your nearest couch or chair. And admittedly in SIMS 4, they still splash and play as their eating iidle animation when given a plate to eat and you just imagine all the mess everywhere. *laughs*

@FireLotus97  High chairs really are hard. It's like putting the game on hard mode so I'm impressed you use them at all. 3-4 tries and the toddler still not being in the chair isn't odd, making it unplayable. It's like you have to start before they are hungry and they'll eat by the time they are almost being taken away which isn't exactly realistic. What parent doesn't just ignore the demand to get out when they need to eat and ask them to eat first before letting them out?

Message 8 of 26 (5,196 Views)

★★ Guide
@PriestessAvenara I think even better solution would be if they add small tables with chairs just for toddlers. It would safe space (because a few toddlers could use it) and the most important they could use it by themselfs without parents help.
Message 9 of 26 (5,166 Views)

★★ Pro

@Maysbat  That sounds amazing. That would stop them from begging for freedom and they already look like the proper age to start learning how to sit at a table like the big kids. *laughs* They just need shorter tables because they are still so small. I can even imagine how easy it would be to shrink down one of the art tables and just redesign it to be for toddlers or shrink some tables and chairs and have them work the same way, but be toddler only for families with more than one toddler at a time. It would be so cute seeing them wanting to be like older family members and getting their own special spot to do it.

I can also see more traditional people REALLY wanting the high chairs to get fixed though because they grew up using them and having siblings use them and I mean it is technically already in the game. They just have to put some sort of cool down that would give parents time to get food and busy the toddlers with eating before they start begging for freedom once put in their high chair. Maybe some code that only allows toddlers to ask to be let out if their hunger is at least 3/4ths full at which point you KNOW they've eaten something. I don't think a hunger check would be too hard. I saw the short code that is messing with the toilets showing flames that is a quick insect farm check. So I think it'd be the easiest solution since we know what the bug is exactly and what's causing the problem.

Message 10 of 26 (5,150 Views)