[FIXED] Toddlers cannot interact with extended family

by Amethyst

Original Post

Re: Toddler has no option to communicate with extended family members

★★★★★ Apprentice

Okay I just found a quick fix with MCCC.

If you click on the grandparent and press MCCC then MC Control, then press friendly and click friendly introduction.

The interactions should appear then.

Although it's annoying to have to do that so I hope this issue gets fixed in the future...

Message 51 of 63 (915 Views)

Re: Toddler has no option to communicate with extended family members

★★★ Newbie

I am having this issue and the MCCC Command center trick did the job. To the rescue as always lol. Thanks!

Message 52 of 63 (811 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Toddlers cannot interact with extended family

★★ Guide

Still having this issue. Any updates? Do the devs need saves?

It's not even just extended family. I'm playing as two adult sims. They have one teen that lives with them, a young adult who is about to move out, and a young adult who moved out a while ago and has her own family. My adult sims just recently tried for a baby and had twins! The twins (now toddlers) are unable to talk to their sister! Because she is part of a different household. They can talk to their brother in law (talk to stranger and then full list of interactions) because he is not related to them.

Message 53 of 63 (726 Views)

Re: Toddlers cannot interact with extended family

★★★★ Novice

This issue is still making problems. Currently the mother sim is working on a scenario and the father sim is the true inheritor of their family matriarch's house, so he can't move out. They had a little girl that lives with the mom, but since I turned on life stores for his household, he also adopted a child and a toddler. (Apparently one was not enough for him lol) Unfortunately the two toddlers won't interact with each other. The playable toddler only has the option to call over, but after that nothing. Can talk to the child same as any sim, I didn't test if she could talk to her aunt and uncles, but I also didn't care to have her interacting with them. Just her sister and brother so they aren't total strangers. I was really hoping for the toddlers to become friends, it would have been so cute. :-(

Message 54 of 63 (674 Views)

Re: Toddlers cannot interact with extended family

Champion

@CrazedWolfPuppy 

Hi!  I'm still having this issue too and it is kind of heartbreaking.  Toddlers can talk to complete strangers but they can't talk to their relatives??  Argh!  I've been using MCCC to address it but I'd rather not.  Plus console players don't have that luxury.  I keep hoping it will be fixed but after 4+ years since the initial report, I'm thinking maybe it won't. :-(

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 55 of 63 (602 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Toddlers cannot interact with extended family

★★★★ Apprentice

I've had toddlers introduce themselves to Vlad when he's about and get him to play and do flashcards. But a member of their mother's club that hangs out at her house every day? Nope, can't interact with them!

Message 56 of 63 (538 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Toddlers cannot interact with extended family

★★ Novice

Will this ever get fixed?

Message 57 of 63 (503 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Toddlers cannot interact with extended family

★★★ Apprentice

It is such a shame that this has not been fixed. It seems like it never will be. In future, I won't be purchasing any further Sims versions unless toddlers are a main feature and not just an afterthought. I enjoy family play and toddlers are one of the most important feature for me but they have suffered from so many bugs over the years in Sims 4. Fixing those bugs seem very low priority. Frown

Message 58 of 63 (474 Views)

Toddlers can’t talk to relatives outside the household

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the packs except Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a toddler that has grandparents, uncles, aunts, etc that don’t live with them and try to have them communicate with them. The only thing that pops up is “send home”
What happens when the bug occurs? I click to be on my toddler and tap on their grandma/uncle/etc. and all I get is the “send home” option. I move the grandma into the household and then it works. I can’t have all my relatives move in. So upsetting.
What do you expect to see? All the options that are suppose to be there. Friendly, funny, mean, etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I hope you understand how frustrating and inconvenient this is for gameplay. 

Message 59 of 63 (458 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Toddlers cannot interact with extended family

★★★★ Apprentice

I’m also having this problem and I’m on console (PlayStation 4, game version: 1.61) 

so inconvenient and sad. 

Message 60 of 63 (437 Views)