[FIXED] Toddlers can't be put to bed/read to sleep

by shadedgrey63

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Toddlers can't be put to bed/read to sleep if bed is against wall

★★★★★ Novice

Generally. I tried moving the bed away from the wall and had the same trouble.

Message 31 of 101 (1,099 Views)

Re: Can’t read toddler to sleep

★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue with my toddler beds (it doesn't matter what toddler bed it is), when I have the adult click on the bed the only option that comes up is sit. The only way I can fix it is to delete the bed and place a new one.

Message 32 of 101 (948 Views)

Can't put toddlers to bed new update

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage living, snowy escape, discover university, island living, seasons, cats & dogs, city living, get to work, holiday celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? clicking on toddler bed with adult selected, or having toddler ask to be put to bed by clicking the bed.
What happens when the bug occurs? adults have the bubble above their head saying they cant walk to/access the bed.
What do you expect to see? the adult put the toddler to bed without having issues reaching it. This has only occurred with the most recent update
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 33 of 101 (807 Views)

Re: Can't put toddlers to bed new update

Hero
@AshVHD I merged your post with an older thread on this.

Is your toddler bed against a wall ? Have you tried moving it around a bit ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 101 (765 Views)

★★ Novice

it was, but i moved it, rotated it, debugged it, put it in the centre of a room (literally not exaggerating), sold it, bought a new one, moved houses. i tried everything lmao 

Message 35 of 101 (748 Views)

★★ Novice

i also have only experienced this issue since downloading the latest update (sexualities + wants/fears update)

Message 36 of 101 (744 Views)

Re: Can’t do anything for toddler since update

★★ Guide

I don’t know if it’s the same issue but my sim can’t read her toddlers to sleep anymore. She keeps waving her arms like the action is blocked. It worked fine before the patch and it’s 3 different toddlers in 2 different bedrooms. 

no mods because I’m on console 

Message 37 of 101 (766 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm experiencing this too. Sims can't read toddler to sleep. Sometimes the routing fails and other times, if the toddler and adult are in the same room, the animation of lifting the toddler up happens but it's broken, the sims arms will go backwards and the toddler will transport into the sims arms from across the room. I've also noticed that when I click on the high chair to give toddler food nothing happens, although sims can do this autonomously.   I have no mods or CC in my game.

Message 38 of 101 (715 Views)

Hero
@xjodielaura @StarlightSims_22

Merged your post with the thread on that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 101 (703 Views)

★★★ Novice

Posting to say that I'm also having this problem a lot since the most recent patch.

The only mod I have in the game is MCCC. Basically, 9 times out of 10 the parent will go to pick the toddler up to read them to sleep and either get a routing error or pick them up and instantly glitch so that they reset. There's plenty of room to pick them up when this happens.

Not sure it matters, but I'm using the most expensive toddler bed.

Message 40 of 101 (653 Views)