Re: [OPEN] Toddlers can't be put to bed/read to sleep if bed is against wall

by BumblebeeCat9

Original Post

★ Guide

And this is still happening. Why on earth do I still give EA money? After over 2 years, they obviously don't care.

Message 21 of 101 (1,556 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Been getting this issue for a few weeks but didn't realise that it would change if I moved the bed until I saw this thread. Had error 134 so had to wait to see if it had been fixed, it hadn't, but the workaround is working

Message 22 of 101 (1,530 Views)

★★ Guide

This is still an issue. Weirdly, the put toddler to bed and read bedtime story interactions work sometimes with the bed being placed one side next to wall, if I click the toddler and select ”read to sleep”. Same thing if the toddler asks the adult to be read to sleep. Bit if I click the toddler bed with adult sim, it won’t work. This is very irregular bug though, sometimes these interractions don’t work at all and the toddler has to go to bed by themselves, which causes nightmares and is not realistic.  

same thing with high chairs. They’re still as buggy as can be. They should fix it that when an adult puts the toddler there, a) the toddler couldn’t immediately ask a parent to be taken out (and then there’s no way to cancel the toddlers call, if parent is nearby) and b) the parent would not constantly spontaneously remove the kid when the other parent hasn’t even had the time to give the food to the toddler. I feel like high chairs only work in one adult one toddler households.

Message 23 of 101 (1,491 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is STILL HAPPPENING. Highchairs and toddler beds are bugged AF. They don't care. Too busy making Star Wars packs nobody asked for.

Message 24 of 101 (1,412 Views)

Hero
Is this still happening after yesterday's patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 101 (1,376 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I’ll have to check tonight as I do have a tot to test it out with. @crinrict 

Message 26 of 101 (1,352 Views)

★★ Guide

I just tried and it appears to be fixed, as is the trainer abandoning the tot at the potty. @crinrict 

Message 27 of 101 (1,343 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@shadedgrey63 Great to hear. Thanks for the feedback

Had a good talk with Sims that had neglected their duties with their Toddlers. They can go back to Potty Training and Read to Sleep to their little angels.

Fixed in Patch 1.67.45/ 1.32

Leaving this open a bit longer for feedback

Did some testing and it's still happening for me if the side they are sitting on to read is against the wall. Other side is fine.

Don't know if there's an easy fix for this as they need the space.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 101 (1,442 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My sims can't put their toddlers to bed unless they are holding the toddler when I click on the bed and say 'put to bed' or 'read to sleep'. If they aren't holding the toddler they get a route fail message.

I'm fully patched (1.67.45) and tested without mods.

Message 29 of 101 (1,259 Views)

Hero
@kidhedera Is that if the bed is against a wall or generally ? Might warrant for a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 101 (1,241 Views)