Re: Can’t do anything for toddler since update

by wyvern791

Original Post

Re: Can’t do anything for toddler since update

★★★ Apprentice

I am having this issue too. I did finally get success moving the bed entirely away from the wall and first telling the toddler and the adult to go to the room with said toddler bed. I don't know which was the thing that made it work, but my theory is moving the bed entirely away from the wall (minimum half tile) . . .

Would be really nice to have it working the way it did before the recent patch though.

I don't have any mods, and I have very little CC.

Message 41 of 101 (2,008 Views)

sims wont put toddler in bed

★★★ Newbie

i am on the playstation 4 version no mods when i tell the sims to put or read a toddler to bed they act like something is in the way but if i tell the toddler to get in the bed it will walk the route and get in the bed just fine.

https://youtu.be/RghvRXH9okI

Message 42 of 101 (2,008 Views)

Re: sims wont put toddler in bed

Champion

This is odd, and I'd not seen it before the HSY base game update, but I just ran some tests with a toddler and I'm seeing the same thing on Mac. There's something wrong with the animation - if they're outside, they can't access the bed; inside they can put the toddler to bed but the animation still glitches. On any bed, no matter how much room they have.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac 12.5
Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Discover University, Cats & Dogs, Island Living, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Werewolves, Paranormal, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Bowling Night, Kids Room, Moschino, Little Campers

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an adult and a toddler outside the house. Have the toddler bed inside the house. Tell the adult to put the toddler to bed. Next try carrying the toddler into the bedroom and put them down. Then tell the adult to put the toddler to bed again.

What happens when the bug occurs? The adult Sim will either pick the toddler up and put them down again, or will wave their hand and give a routing error. Once you're in the house, the adult Sim will walk over to the bed leaving the toddler behind, lean down as if they're putting them to bed, and then the toddler will teleport into the adult's arms as they're tucked in.

What do you expect to see? Putting the toddler to bed normally if the bed is accessible.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never in this save.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I think it was High School Years - but not sure if it was the main update or the emergency patch after.

I did also test if it was the stairs instead of just being outside, and interestingly when I put the toddler bed at the top of the stairs and the Sims at the bottom, telling the adult to put the toddler to bed... sort of worked. The adult Sim walked to the toddler and paused, then left them behind and walked up to the toddler bed and paused, then walked back down the stairs, actually picked the toddler up, and returned to the bed with them to tuck them in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 43 of 101 (1,979 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I’ve been having issues with this as well since high school update. I play on PS5, so no mods or anything. I’ve played two different families in different saves. 

Family #1 is in a tiny house, where the toddler beds are in the main living area. These parents don’t encounter a routing failure when reading/putting toddlers to sleep. But, they do get the glitchy animations previously mentioned. Parent walks to bed without toddler, arms twist oddly backwards and toddler teleports to them to be tucked in. 

Family #2 is in a big house with separate bedroom for toddler. If parent & toddler are in main living area when commanded to read/put toddler to bed, they get a routing failure. If I have parent & toddler walk to toddler room with “go here” command, and then give put toddler to bed command when they’re both in the right room already, it works without fail. So, this is the workaround I’ve been using. 

Message 44 of 101 (1,938 Views)

Adult Sims can't put toddlers to bed / read toddlers to sleep

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Realm of Magic, Toddler Stuff Pack, Movie Hangout Stuff Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With an adult Sim selected, click on a toddler bed, choose "put toddler to bed" or "read toddler to sleep", and it will fail.
What happens when the bug occurs? At the first attempt, the chosen Sim tries to grab the toddler, and then the animation stops, ending with the toddler mixed with the legs of the adult Sim. At the second attempt, the adult Sim complains, and shows the "no room" sign over their head. At the third attempt, the adult Sim moves away from the toddler (who is still in the adult's legs), tries to grab them, and the animation stops again, producing the first outcome of the first attempt. The fourth attempt produces the same result as the second attempt, and so on, alternating the result between even an odds.
What do you expect to see? The adult Sim being able to put their toddler to bed, or read their toddler to sleep.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Regular update of the game.

I see this bug first appeared like two years ago, so I plan to revive this issue. I saw on previous posts that there was something with the walls in this bug, so I tried to place the bed in an open space, producing the same outcome. I don't know if it is actually the same bug as the one shown two years ago, since in this case there is also an animation glitch.

Regards,

Message 45 of 101 (1,945 Views)

Re: Adult Sims can't put toddlers to bed / read toddlers to sleep

Champion

Did you try getting toddler and adult into the same room as the bed before telling the adult to put them to bed? I believe it works - though still with animation glitch - if they’re in the same room  as the bed. It doesn’t matter if the bed’s against the wall or not. If they’re not in the room with the bed, you generally get the routing error.

This new version of the bug just started with the HSY update, but the bug reports were merged into an older thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Toddlers-can-t-be-put-to-bed-read-to-sleep/m-p/8142086/hi...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 46 of 101 (1,912 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I only have this problem since the High School Years patch. I can't read the toddler to sleep nor put in bed. I tried all toddler beds.. I hope it will be fixed soon, I love my toddlers. 🥺

Message 47 of 101 (1,850 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I still can read them to bed (or at least could some days ago), but the animation is glitched and the toddler flies through the room into the distorted arms of the adult.

Message 48 of 101 (1,850 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Did you try getting toddler and adult into the same room as the bed before telling the adult to put them to bed? I believe it works - though still with animation glitch - if they’re in the same room as the bed. It doesn’t matter if the bed’s against the wall or not. If they’re not in the room with the bed, you generally get the routing error.
This new version of the bug just started with the HSY update, but the bug reports were merged into an older thread.

@PipMenaceYou are right. The only way to make it work if they are in the same room with the bed, and still with an animation error.
This should be in a different thread, because this is a new bug.

Message 49 of 101 (1,843 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problem.It's happening in all my saves. I even tried taking everything out of the room and putting the bed in the middle of the room.but they still won't do it.  Please someone fix this. I love reading my toddlers to sleep.

Message 50 of 101 (1,761 Views)