Re: [OPEN] Toddlers can't be put to bed/read to sleep if bed is against wall

by becccccca94

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I'm also having this issue. It seems that, for some reason, the Toddler will get in on the open side, but the Adult is trying to sit on the side against the wall, which causes a route failure. I also have all packs but the Moschino one and the most recent patch (1.56), and am playing on Mac.

Message 11 of 101 (2,433 Views)

★ Apprentice

My baby's bed is against the wall and I have the same issues.

Message 12 of 101 (2,367 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes it's still happening in 2020 also same issue with the high chair 

Message 13 of 101 (2,329 Views)

★★ Guide

@LovemeTay wrote:

Yes it's still happening in 2020 also same issue with the high chair 

The high chair is a bit bugged, yeah. I noticed that recently. The parents.when told to sleep automatically putting the tot to sleep drives me nuts, too. I hate these toddler bugs. Frown

Message 14 of 101 (2,307 Views)

★★ Guide

A temporary workaround I found on the forums: place a chair at the head of the bed, where a night stand would be. The sim will use the chair to read to the toddler. Image attached.

Message 15 of 101 (2,199 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's 2020, and still having the same issue. The earliest report I've seen was over two years ago. Why is this still a thing?

Message 16 of 101 (2,129 Views)

★★ Guide

Single beds seem to be similarly affected as well, perhaps even double though I haven’t noticed a problem yet with them. Sims cannot get into a single bed of mine and am unsure of the cause. It may be one corner of the room that’s bugged, but I can’t seem to find the cause. I just keep moving the bed. Frown

Message 17 of 101 (2,062 Views)

Hero
@shadedgrey63 This issue is about reading to toddlers so your sounds different.

Do you get routing issues ? There's can be several reasons for that, I think it's best if you made a new thread in tech for that for now and have someone help you troubleshoot the house.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 101 (2,029 Views)

★ Novice

This is happening to me too!

I have 2 toddlers, same bed, both beds against a wall, opposite sides - i can put one to bed no problem but the other the parent just waves around 

Message 19 of 101 (1,970 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict I think I figured out my unusable single beds (not toddler) issue. Simply moving a certain Island Living light away from being directly on them. They can be used fine now. I decided to recheck that set of hanging lights after seeing in another user’s gameplay on YouTube that an item under the same said lights appeared to not always work. Should I still post in tech support to let them know?

Message 20 of 101 (1,914 Views)