Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Toddlers can't be put to bed/read to sleep if bed is against w

by illusie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Toddlers can't be put to bed/read to sleep

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Moschino Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put a toddler bed sideways against a wall and try to get an adult to put a toddler to bed or read them to sleep.
What happens when the bug occurs? I couldn’t get my sims to put their tot to bed/read them to sleep if said bed was placed sideways against the wall; the adult sim waves their hands over their head with a route fail thought bubble.
What do you expect to see? An adult sim successfully putting a toddler to bed or reading them to sleep if the bed is placed sideways against a wall.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I tried this in several locations and with different combinations of sims. I had to pull the bed out half a square from the wall to get the interaction to work. Placing the head or foot of the bed against the wall works fine as well. The bed is the 'Classic Toddler Bed'.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag, adjusted title

Message 2 of 101 (26,030 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can’t read toddler to sleep

Hero

Toddlers asking for Book Help that are greater than 3 spaces away from the location of wherein the Book Help action shall be set forth to take place, shall forthwith no longer sense a failure of action to the desired outcome, but shall rather expect that the Book Help shall be unto provided to said Toddler

Fixed in Patch 1.96.365/1.71

Time will tell if this is really fixed or not but since this thread is older and got an overhaul with the infant patch please create a new thread if you still have issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 101 of 101 (4,771 Views)

All Replies

Can’t read toddler to sleep

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything, except My First Pet Stuff and Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1: Have a toddler, click on the toddler bed and choose the option «read to sleep». 2: Click on the toddler and choose «read to sleep».
What happens when the bug occurs? 1: When you click on the toddler bed and choose the option «read to sleep», nothing happens. 2: If you click on the toddler and choose «read to sleep», the adult sim will then bring the toddler to bed and start reading, but the toddler gets out of bed instead of falling asleep.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to read the toddler to sleep, no matter if I click on the bed or the toddler.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My current save is a household with 4 kids, one of them being a toddler, and I have had the problem with all 4 of them.

i have another save with only 1 toddler, and the same problem.

Message 1 of 101 (25,951 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, @marianlarsen!!!

First of all, thanks for taking the time to raise this issue to our team! We appreciate your help a lot. :eahigh_file:

If you don't mind, can you take a look at this report about adults not being able to bring their toddlers to bed, as it sounds pretty similar to what you described in your report. If you find the time, it would also be awesome if you could test it the issue persists when you follow the same workaround of moving the toddler bed a bit. If you then feel like the report is about the same issue, you can hit the [Me Too] button on the report and let us know so we can merge your report with the already existing one. Standard smile

Thanks again and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 101 (25,898 Views)

Re: Toddlers can't be put to bed/read to sleep by adults if bed is against a wal

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've found that, at least in my current household, it works if you have the adult pick the toddler up first and then have them try to put the toddler to bed or read them to sleep. But if you don't have them pick the toddler up before selecting those actions, they get the routing failure thought bubble.

Message 4 of 101 (25,904 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Toddlers can't be put to bed/read to sleep if bed is against w

★★★★★ Apprentice
I had this same problem of parents not being able to read the toddler to sleep when I was playing today.
Message 5 of 101 (25,861 Views)

★★ Guide
@SimGuruKuxiku Sorry it took so long to answear.

I moved the toddlerbed a half square from the wall, and I can now put the toddler in bed by clicking on the bed, both «put to bed» and «read to sleep» seems to work after I moved the bed.

But I want to be able to read the toddler to sleep, even when the bed is placed right next to the wall, like before.
Message 6 of 101 (25,851 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Toddlers can't be put to bed/read to sleep if bed is against wall

★★★★ Guide

I'm having this issue also, sometimes a parent sim will put their toddler to bed, but most of the time they come across the same routing issue. It's really frustrating, especially with twin toddlers. 

Message 7 of 101 (25,663 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've noticed this too. Even though the beds can be accessible from either side, sims can't interact with the bed when one side is against a wall. The toddler can use it and go to sleep on their own, but reading to them or putting them to sleep doesn't work. The routing fails and nothing happens. I usually place toddler beds against the wall, so this is something I've run into a lot. It doesn't seem to matter what bed is placed. 

Message 8 of 101 (25,625 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Did they fix this? Lately I haven't been having this problem, I used to have it all the time. I haven't seen it in the patch notes though. Still having major issues with toddlers though, even without this bug.

Message 9 of 101 (25,553 Views)

Hero
@Kanelbullet They fixed something a while ago but people were still experiencing issues .. so half-fixed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 101 (25,504 Views)