by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] Toddlers call caregiver to put them down from a regular seat

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, City Living, Get Together, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Outdoor Retreat, Spa day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Kids Room Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, My First Pet Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Step 1: Use a toddler with MAX movement skill and a caregiver. Step 2: Place a dollhouse and a seat in different floors with medium height walls. Step 3: Have a toddler sit on any seat (sofa, dining chair, etc.) that isn't a high chair and the caregiver in a different room. Step 4: Direct the toddler to go play on the dollhouse alone (not "play with") while the caregiver is in another room.
What happens when the bug occurs? Despite being able to go upstairs themselves, the toddler will call the caregiver over from the other room/another floor just to pick the toddler up and put him/her down even though the toddler have already gotten off the seat. Toddlers will NEVER call the caregiver to put them down when they are in the same room.
What do you expect to see? I expect toddlers to get off the regular seat themselves to play without calling their caregiver. It would at least be less annoying if the caregiver picks them up and put them in front of the dollhouse.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Max movement toddlers keep calling their caregivers from another room/floor while they are sitting to put them down from all kinds of seats in order to go play, despite being able to get off themselves. This forces the caregiver to drop what they're doing and go to the toddler. The most annoying thing about this is the toddler always have already gotten off themselves and could go play without aid.

• The problem does not occur when the toddler and caregiver are in the same room.
  • Problem occurs in homes with medium height walls.
  • Problem occurs regardless of toddler traits.

Video: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ug-WTbFgsfwdqy4XuArncfUkdlSYoZz8
Test ready save file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=10pR1Ghm1BeAx26ZRLLN_exx3NmB6xDGj

Message 1 of 19 (4,973 Views)

Re: Toddlers call caregiver to put them down from a regular seat.

★ Guide

I also have this problem with toddler beds. The toddler sits there and calls for help which disrupts the parent’s queue of activities. By the time they get to the toddler he/she has already gotten off the bed, but the parent has a “put down” activity in their queue so they will pick the toddler up to enable them to put the toddler down. If I notice in time I can cancel it, but I play large families and don’t always discover it until it’s too late. 

Message 2 of 19 (4,886 Views)

Re: Toddlers call caregiver to put them down from a regular seat.

I can reproduce this one. Toddler gets of the sofa to call his dad. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 19 (4,806 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Toddlers call caregiver to put them down from a regular seat

★ Guide

This always happens in my game. It's the one thing I hate about toddlers because it wastes so much time. I usually fix it by resetting my toddler when she calls for an adult, which stops the adult sim from coming over to pick her up. What you can also do is tell the toddler to "go here" to a spot in front of the sofa before telling them to play with the dollhouse or do any other action. Then they will get down normally without calling for an adult and then go do the other action. 

Message 4 of 19 (4,789 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Toddlers call caregiver to put them down from a regular seat

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 19 (4,769 Views)

Toddler calling to be let out of high chair

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None, only base game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place toddler in a high chair. Serve food. EIther have the Sim wait or find another action to perform.
What happens when the bug occurs? The toddler will call for the Sim (speech bubble with Sims portrait). The Sims action will immediately be interrupted and the Sim will remove the toddler from the high chair and try to serve food to the toddler again (often times putting the child back in the high chair). The cycle continues...
What do you expect to see? The toddler to stay in the high chair and eat until they're finished - not call for a Sim to let them out. I don't expect the Sim to repeatedly take the toddler in and out of the high chair.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I believe this bug could be a result of the 6/18/2019 patch/update however it could be the later patch.

I've experienced a similar issue to this before, where parent Sims remove their toddlers from a high chair before they're finished eating. However, I'm under the assumption that the 6/18/2019 patch fixed it. My toddler was hungry but when I sat her down in the high chair and served her food, she called for other Sims who came and let her out. It didn't matter if the other Sim was in the same room or performing an action. The calling doesn't show up as an action for the toddler. The toddler also wasn't actually eating - even though her hunger was red. As a result, the Sim cannot complete other tasks and the toddler is starving. As if Sim parenting wasn't stressful enough..

Message 6 of 19 (4,543 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Toddler calling to be let out of high chair

Hero
@legallychicken Something like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Toddlers-call-caregiver-to-put-them-down-from-a/m-... ?

Also, as toddlers are broken atm, it could also be a stuck plate that's causing issue.

Could you check if it gets better if you reset the toddler ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 19 (4,533 Views)

★ Novice

@crinrict Very similar to that page, yes. Resetting the toddler (and high chair and parent) works in the short term but it does happen again later on.

Thank you for your help, you're the angel of the EA answer page Standard smile

Message 8 of 19 (4,493 Views)

Hero
@legallychicken I merged your post then.

Should the issue get fixed but you're still having issue, I will split again.

Thanks for your report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 19 (4,482 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Okay this is still happening, in 2022.

It's driving me nuts.

Seems to be some kind of orphaned interaction?

Can someone at EA please fix this? Parents go right across the lengths and heights of a house to "put down" toddlers that have already got off the regular chairs. There's no reason to attach a "put down" interaction to get toddlers off a regular chair, why is this still attached to regular chairs all these years later?

Fix please.

Years overdue, shove this bugfix to the top.

Message 10 of 19 (3,460 Views)