Re: [OPEN] Toddlers all look the same/genetics broken

by gooochyeee

Original Post

★★★★★ Pro

I just made 7 toddlers and all their faces are the same but hair/eyecolour/haircolour/skin colour are different they need to fix this!

Message 51 of 96 (1,587 Views)

★ Guide

It's now been almost four months of toddler genetics being broken. Can we expect a fix for this at any time soon? Between bugs from HSY and this, the game is unplayable. 

Message 52 of 96 (1,295 Views)

★ Guide

haven’t had a chance to update today, but does anyone know if this was fixed with the patch? 

Message 53 of 96 (1,278 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

the team has had months of time to work on this bug at this point. it first appeared with the pre-werewolves patch. It makes the game unplayable for a lot of people. There have been probably at least 5+ patches since this bug first popped up. I understand it will 'take time' as the simguru said, but that was at LEAST a month ago. At this rate I don't see them fixing it any time soon. So utterly disappointing that it hasn't been taken as seriously as it should. Really makes me want to drop the game entirely... not trying to be too harsh, but it's incredibly frustrating. 

Message 54 of 96 (1,273 Views)

★ Guide

It's not listed in the patch notes, so unfortunately not. 

Message 55 of 96 (1,231 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm on Xbox and this is also happening to me (my Sim's daughter was born last night and her face looks just like her brother's; he's also a toddler).

Message 56 of 96 (1,083 Views)

★★ Novice

This same bug happens to me in my game. In my case, the language is neutral Spanish, and since June I have this problem. For example, in the photos I have attached to this message, we can see a toddler born before 14 June VS born after 14 June. They are siblings, but all toddlers look the same in my game (besides hair and skin). They don't resemble to their parents until they reach the next stage of life. I don't use any mods, so I guess this is a huge bug of genetics.

Message 57 of 96 (985 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same issue since Werewolves Devil

Message 58 of 96 (864 Views)

Re: Toddlers all look the same

★ Guide

Hey @crinrict Do you know if this is getting investigated? It is indeed removing the joy of playing a legacy at all, big part of the fun is to see how the offspring turns out and seeing this toddler face bug is so gutting Frown It's hard to relate to that Sim as it doesn't feel like it's the right child.. I really hope this is actively getting investigated, there are so many people playing legacies, and it's a real turn-off to play Frown

Thanks a lot in advance!

Message 59 of 96 (742 Views)

Re: Toddlers all look the same

Hero
@karoschmitz Everything in the bug forum is being looked into but depending on how many me toos/severity it might not get a high priority.

I don't have any info when and if something will be fixed and EA typically only discloses the laundry list.

Please refer to the stick threads if you need more info on how the bug forum works.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 60 of 96 (728 Views)