Re: [OPEN] Toddlers all look the same/genetics broken

by Sparkiekong

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

When I looked in CAS full edit mode on a toddler (any one will do they all look the same) I noticed the face they use isn't even one of the faces available for toddlers (I would expect a tick mark on the used face when looking over the possible faces you can apply), just seems to be a generic toddler face that doesn't actually even exist as an option.

Note that I use absolutely no CAS CC at all.

Message 41 of 96 (1,722 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

2 months later. Still no fix. Payed so much money for this game. wtf EA! 

Message 42 of 96 (1,460 Views)

★★★ Novice

sorry if im doing this wrong (?) i just wanted to add this picture of my fraternal twin toddlers. they were already toddlers when the werewolf patch happened and just aged up to children recently. i decided to check if i had this glitch and when i turned on cheats and aged them down they had totally different faces to their own, and were suddenly identical. i haven't actually played my game since their birthday when i realized, so for over a month, because seeing their genetics is a huge part of the game for me and it's just not worth it if all my toddlers look like this.

Message 43 of 96 (1,315 Views)

★★ Novice
Still no info on this? All toddlers have the exact same face, whether they’re woo-hoo’ed into existence or created in CAS. Editing them feels limited as well.
Message 44 of 96 (1,239 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've been having this exact issue since the Werewolves pack, whether or not I have mods installed. I made multiple sims with widely different genetics have babies and they all aged up looking identical as toddlers. Has anyone with modding knowledge tried looking into the code for toddler presets/templates? Maybe specifically something to do with toddler werewolves? Honestly at this point I feel like our only hope is if someone makes a mod to fix the bug.

Message 45 of 96 (1,201 Views)

★ Guide

i agree! crazy that it’s almost september with no fix or at least updates to an issue that so many people have been experiencing since june! being told that it “will take time” doesn’t make up for gameplay being ruined for months now. rly disappointing especially since other issues (EX: the aging up glitch) can and were addressed within a week. i’m not normally one to come on this forum and rant, but this is a major problem for legacy players (as so many others here have mentioned) and it truly feels like it is just being ignored. 

Message 46 of 96 (1,178 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Is there any update on the fix for this?

Message 47 of 96 (1,117 Views)

★★ Guide
@tomatokitty They probably won’t fix this, it’s been 18 months or so since I reported another genetic glitch (nose width slider genetics won’t pass on) and they’re not even investigating it, and the melting alien face glitch has been going on since 2017 or so without a fix, too.
Message 48 of 96 (1,097 Views)

★ Novice

Just hopefully bumping this as it's happening to me too.

Message 49 of 96 (1,069 Views)

★ Guide

I recently stumbled into this. I tried a variety of different ways of creating toddlers and they all came out the same face preset. 

I tried a few times in game and then the rest were cas related. I tried 1 parent to spawn the offspring. I tried both parents. I tried these ways while making a teen and then reverse aging them to see if the features would remain, but they do not. No matter how they are created, they get that default face that everyone has shown.

The only thing I can do is edit the child after they're born and add in the features I think would be similar to the parents. Basically just eyeballing it. It's not how the game should be.

Message 50 of 96 (1,055 Views)