Re: [OPEN] Toddlers all look the same/genetics broken

by evilregal327

Original Post

EA Staff

Hello Everyone,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Just want to let you all know that the team is still investigating this issue. However, it will take some time.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 31 of 96 (3,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Updated fully
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moschino, Dream Home Decorator, and the Kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a few toddlers
What happens when the bug occurs? All toddlers have the same face, regardless of relation
What do you expect to see? Toddlers who resemble their parents
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 14, 2022 patch

I am also having this issue.

I aged down a sim and noticed he had none of his adult features in toddler form. I created another a sim, aged the sim down to a toddler, and this sim had the exact same face. This sim was a completely randomised sim I made just to test if I had the glitch, too.

Message 32 of 96 (2,862 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Also having this problem with and without mods and on multiple installs of the game. I can't play with most of my families now with this bug. Are saves or screenshots needed for getting this fixed?

Message 33 of 96 (2,496 Views)

Hero
@evilregal327 No. This is pretty straight forward.

Unless a thread is tagged as 'Needs Saves', saves aren't needed :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 96 (2,451 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thanks!
Message 35 of 96 (2,428 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My game has the same bug and I'm just wondering if anyone else is finding that when you click on a different eye preset to the one generated on a toddler, then click teen-elder (in CAS), the eyes are huge and basically toddler eyes?

I toggled off mods in game options just to be sure it's not mod-related and the same issue occurred so I'm now assuming it's related to this bug. I've added some screenshots for clarity!

Message 36 of 96 (2,297 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm also having this issue! Toddlers across multiple families in my save all have the same face and look nothing like their parents. Aging up to a child+ restores their genetics.

Message 37 of 96 (2,158 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hope we have fix soon can't birth new sims in the world because they won't have toddler pictures 

if I edit the toddlers the adult form is messed up 

plus I don't want to just skip their toddler years because it's a part of choosing their personalities

My workaround right now until a soon hopeful fix is to use a different toddler that wasn't affected change how it looks take pictures of that one and then say that was their toddler Frown 

I wish I didn't have to do that because I really don't like the preset face  

Message 38 of 96 (1,971 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I know I've already responded to this and provided examples, but I just wanted to come by again and provide some absolutely definitive proof that this is happening. A while back I created a sim for the "Breed Out the Weird" challenge, and thought to myself "I wonder if the toddler glitch would affect her too." And it does. It very much does. When I aged her down to a toddler, the toddler, once again, gets the default face, and actually looks like a regular sim instead of... a hilarious abomination.

I attached two pictures, one of the sim in question as a young adult, and one of the same sim aged down into a toddler. This should not be such a drastic face change. This sim should still look at least a little weird as a toddler, more than just the white skin, hair, and eyes.

Message 39 of 96 (1,808 Views)

★ Guide

Can we get any more information on this? It's been a month and legacy players are still dealing with this glitch. 

Message 40 of 96 (1,725 Views)