Re: [OPEN] Toddler traits in Relationship panel after aging (Patch 1.59.73)

by Zack4358

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue.

Got a family of vampires and had a vampire toddler. Aged her up and for both parents, she is showing her toddler trait.

I tried "Get to Know" and seems you can't use "Detect Personality" vampire power on family members.

Don't know if this is the same issue with other sims if you change traits in CAS that the traits never update correctly (meaning still shows old traits but might have the new ones) in the relationship panel.

Message 11 of 19 (812 Views)

★ Novice

I think I know what caused this issue. This probably because the toddlers was interacting with random people other than their families. What I did was deleting their relationship with those random people BUT DO NOT THE RELATIONSHIP WITH THEIR FAMILY MEMBER, because it will delete the parents/children/siblings relationship (For my case I’m using MC Command but if you dont use that I think there’s official cheat for that), saved and quit the game, go back in, once you’re back in game edit the family whos having this issue from CAS in the neighborhood (without any cheats on) do nothing inside, then select OK. Now go to your household and see for yourself! I tried this twice and both working with this method. Hope this helps!

Message 12 of 19 (755 Views)

★ Guide

I may have found a workaround for this, but I am not sure if this works for everyone:

If you have wrong traits in the relationship panel (this applies to toddler traits on children and older or for the case if you changed traits via cheating (or CAS), try using the "Get to know" interaction several times, until the other sim knows every trait about the sim with the (visibly) wrong traits. But for me, this does not work forever, because, after a while, the relationship panel will show the wrong traits again.

So yeah, it is a workaround, but only temporarily. Hope this helps.

(If your sim isn't married or in a relationship, you can still command an alien to erase the sim's mind, so he / she gets to know the sim from scratch, but this is the rough method if nothing else works).

Message 13 of 19 (722 Views)

Problem with toddlers' traits.

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Looking on the parents' relationship panel after their children's growth.
What happens when the bug occurs? The traits of babies still appear on the parents' relationship panel after they grow up (from child to young adult).
What do you expect to see? Bug.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello,

I have noticed a bug in The Sims 4 that has not been fixed so far. When a baby grows up, the game asks you to select new traits for the child, only the baby trait still remains in the yes information on the relationships panel of the parents of this grown baby, and stays that way until the young adult age of that baby. This problem has been around since the babies were updated (January 2017) and so far nothing has been fixed.

I don't use mods in my game.

Message 14 of 19 (675 Views)

Re: Problem with toddlers' traits.

★★★ Pro

I've seen this as well on PS4 and pc and if you select get to know in the panel the angelic trait is still visible it's the same when you select another Sims toddler and wait till they age to child and select get to know it says squeamish but in the panel it still shows the fussy trait.

Message 15 of 19 (662 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at a sim's profile (click on the portrait in relationships)
What happens when the bug occurs? If the sim in question has been raised from toddlerhood, their toddler trait appears in the profile.
What do you expect to see? I expect to not see their toddler trait, as this is hidden and irrelevant after they age up to being a child.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes - update to 1.68.154.1220

I've just started having this issue after the most recent update (to 1.68.154.1220, released 10th Nov 2020). The toddler trait now appears in the new Sim Profile, as well as when you hover over the sim in question in the relationships panel.

The toddler trait also originally appeared in the Simology panel, but after a game crash that seems to have been resolved. 

The error doesn't seem to be happening with all sims raised from toddlers, but can't investigate that further as the game crashed again and now won't run long enough for me to check!

Message 16 of 19 (615 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I don't think it was caused by this latest patch. It's just a bug that wasn't fixed. I know I altered my playstyle because of it (never asking about traits with toddlers...but of course that doesn't work with sims that can detect them). I also think the get to know workaround doesn't work for me. I don't have any other info on this bug atm. :/
Message 17 of 19 (593 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Toddler traits appear in the new UI panel also after 1.33.

The Sims™ 4_20201110145715.jpg

Message 18 of 19 (581 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Just want to know whether this issue has been solved or not. i just start playing Sims 4 and this bug occurs,

The first couple :

My sim couple is vampire couple . they have baby and i make the baby grow up into young adult via cheat : cas fulleditmode and then the toddler traits 'Angelic" still appear in the parent's relationship panel.

So i tried second time. this time i dont use the cheat . the second vampire couple. i just make the toddler grow into child and then the angelic trait still appear when they are Child.

I use Mods such as Sim template, wall, floor, eyelashes, lipstick, brows. and also MCC for the clothing so they don't change into random clothing, and some skills. i do not use the rest of MCC cheats, i removed them.

I have been trying to seek more information about this but no luck so far ( via google i mean )

I have almost all the pack EXCEPT the morrocan style and the packs that comes AFTER that ( so it includes home decor, like/dislike, farm etc)

Does anyone have update or information about this?

EDIT : 11 July 2021 : NO CHEAT WHATSOEVER THIS TIME :

i tried to age up Human toddler which is the pancakes family toddler using cake it works and no bug or anything. the toddler aged up perfectly no trait bug at all.

THEN i tried with my THIRD VAMPIRE TODDLER i use the cake, i have that vampire toddler BLOW the cake's Candle and NOTHING happen. That toddler did not do the grow up animation ( the twirl around and voila grow up to child ) and it just stays at toddler. it can not age up at all

ONE MORE THING ABOUT VAMPIRE TODDLER FROM VAMPIRE PARENTS : when the parent hold the toddler they CAN NOT put the TODDLER DOWN No matter what. i tried this 3 times with cheat and no cheat it ended up the same. CAN NOT PUT THE VAMPIRE TODDLER DOWN, sooo... that todd is being held forever. I have to Log out from that vamp family then log in into that family again to have this todd stand on the ground.

I guess the bug only got fixed for human toddler and not the occult toddlers. 

Message 19 of 19 (430 Views)