Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Toddler traits in Relationship panel after aging (Patch 1.59.7

by SisterGloomy

Original Post

[OPEN] Toddler traits in Relationship panel after aging (Patch 1.59.73)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Famous, Get Together, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Realm of Magic, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Vampires, Spa Day, Jungle Adventure and Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim in your household aging up.
What happens when the bug occurs? The respective sim still shows his / her toddler trait in the relationship panel.
What do you expect to see? The relationship panel should show the right traits because the respective sim is not a toddler anymore.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As shown in the pictures, my sims still show their toddler traits despite they are no toddlers anymore and have already picked another trait.

Message 1 of 19 (2,085 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Toddler traits in Relationship panel after aging (Patch 1.59.7

Hero (Retired)

I am seeing this on PS4 also after patch 1.20.

The Sims™ 4_20200109124309.jpg

The Sims™ 4_20200109124329.jpg

The Sims™ 4_20191207210414.jpg

Message 2 of 19 (2,013 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Children still have toddler traits in the relationship list

★★★★★ Novice

Can't figure this out myself, I was hoping you would see this and tell me if you ever solved that problem...I cannot locate any new threads on this topic.

Message 3 of 19 (1,958 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Children still have toddler traits in the relationship list

Hero
@acissej324 Moved your post over to the new thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (1,943 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having the same issue in my game. I did notice it before, all 7 toddlers I played for a 7 toddler challenge got stuck with their toddler trait in the relationship panel of other sims (they don't actually have the trait anymore).

In the same save I have moved on and started a family and three of the kids have aged up, the first one inititally had his toddler trait (inquisitive - now outgoing) stuck, but it seems to have solved itself now. The second kid, (independent - now geek) still has this issue. The third child however (angelic - now cheerful) doesn't. Not sure if she did, she only aged up two in game days ago and I haven't actually checked.

So it's definitely weird, but maybe there is some way to fix it?

Come to think of it - I did apply face details through fulleditmode on kids 1 and 3, but not on kid 2. Could be completely unrelated - I did edit their teeth for all of them. But that is one thing that's different between them. I'll see if doing something in CAS may fix it. I don't think so, but you never know.

Message 5 of 19 (1,776 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It has been happening in my games since I first bought The Sims 4 a few years ago. I thought it was by design as it always resolves after the get to know interaction. But I admit it can be tedious to "get to know" the aged up Sim by every other member of the household every time they age up.

Message 6 of 19 (1,752 Views)

★★ Guide

This has been an issue for months....

Message 7 of 19 (1,718 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Yup, this is definitely happening to me. Because of this, it's partially useful if you forget what toddler trait they have, but also annoying when you want to know their trait that is not shown...
Message 8 of 19 (1,678 Views)

★★ Pro

To be honest, the whole toddler trait still being there after the child has aged up drives me nuts. While I get a parent will always remember what their kid was like as a toddler, that doesn't mean they don't know what their child is like currently. So it really should change.

Message 9 of 19 (1,657 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@PriestessAvenara At first part of me was like it would be kinda cool if child and toddler traits actually affected their older selves, but then I realized it didn't make sense that friends remembered that their teenage crush (who still appears as a love interest despite having no romantic relationship as young adults) was angelic as a toddler. So yeah it's a bug I would say.
Message 10 of 19 (1,633 Views)