[FIXED] Toddler keeps asking food too often/ in high chair too often/Loop

by awesomesim666

Original Post

Re: Buggy High Chair Behavior

Hero
@xochiquetzl_xkvn The high chairs are just so buggy with many factors and this thread is a bit of a collection. They need a general overhaul, I would think.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 61 of 77 (981 Views)

High Chairs Broken

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Parenthood, City Living, Island Living, Eco Living, Get Together, Cats and Dogs, Strangerville, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day, Romantic Garden, Nifty Knitting, Country Kitchen Kit,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim attempt to give food to a toddler in a high chair.
What happens when the bug occurs? The adult Sim gets stuck in a loop of taking the child out and putting it back in the high chair so that the child cannot eat.
What do you expect to see? The Sim should step away and let the toddler eat as soon as they put the toddler in the high chair.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I find myself avoiding playing with toddlers because the only way to feed them is to have them grab food off the counters themselves. High chairs are difficult to useless depending on the lot I’m on. This happens in every world I’ve tried to use them in so far. 

Message 62 of 77 (978 Views)

Re: High Chairs Broken

★★ Pro
@granitictruth I think most people who play with toddlers have given up on the high chairs for the most part. I have them in a couple of my houses, but mostly as decor.

They seem to work best in constricted spaces (so multiple adults aren't lining up to take them out), or up in the toddler bedroom as a late night snack station when it's only one parent awake and the toddler wakes up hungry.
Message 63 of 77 (960 Views)

Re: High Chairs Broken

Hero
@granitictruth Merging this with the main hair chair sillyness thread.

There's also this thread:

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Toddlers-doesn-t-want-to-stay-in-a-high-chair/td-p...
and this new issue that might also play into into it: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Grab-Serving-For-Toddler-Isn-t-Working/td-p/10188532

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 64 of 77 (930 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Toddler keeps asking food too often/and in high chair too often

Community Manager (retired)

If anyone's still experiencing this issue could you possibly share a save file where you've seen it occurring? You can DM me the link to the save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 65 of 77 (862 Views)

Sims won't leave toddlers in high chairs or feed them.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All currently available.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When using a high chair with toddlers.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will not place toddlers in high chair or feed them or they will remove them immediately before they have gotten their food. This leads to toddlers getting very hungry and frequently nearing starvation.
What do you expect to see? Sims should be able to immediately place toddlers in high chairs and feed them. Toddlers should be left in high chairs to complete their meals and not be removed unless we signal for a Sim to take them out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No additional info..

Message 66 of 77 (763 Views)

Re: Sims won't leave toddlers in high chairs or feed them.

★★★★★ Apprentice
The parent removes the toddler too quickly, making difficult to feed them. It seems to me the toddler is the one who ask to remove them.
Message 67 of 77 (742 Views)

Champion

I don’t normally play with high chairs anymore, but for some silly reason put one in for my most recent save where I was getting an unmodded sample of repetitive wants. And yeah, dad does seem to be frequently queuing putting the toddler in the high chair when the toddler is perfectly happy and not at all hungry. I just cancel it. But I don’t remember it being a problem before? So putting them in too often might be new.

As for issues with Sims taking the toddlers out of high chairs… I still think that is just one symptom of a more structural problem where toddlers just have too much authority in Sims.Toddlers don’t like being in high chairs, so adult Sims take them out immediately. Adult Sims will ask the toddler  if they want to learn, or potty train, or have a bath, or go to bed (waiting politely until they’re done playing, then having a half hour conversation about the possibility), and if they say no the adult Sim will just be like “okay then” and wander off to play video games. That’s not how parenting a toddler works.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 68 of 77 (701 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello @PipMenace@AvePlumosa@hello69355037 , and Everyone!

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 69 of 77 (1,682 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SimGuruRitzy Ok, once I have the save I will upload it
Message 70 of 77 (591 Views)