Re: [OPEN] Toddler keeps asking food too often/and in high chair too often

by SimGuruIcarus

Original Post

★★ Novice
i know this was posted a while back but here's the real reason. it's not a glitch it's just annoying. when toddlers are sad or angry, asking for food is looked at by the game as a whim caused by their negetive emotion as a way of comfort. which is annoying because if they need a bath, theyll ask for food to soothe their sadness other than actually asking for the bath. an easy fix is to just ditch the damn high chairs and let them pull food off of the counters. that way they dont have to keep getting put in and out of high chairs.
Message 31 of 77 (1,941 Views)

Bossy Toddlers

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All available expansions
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place toddlers in highchairs and leave them for near any length of time; like allowing a sim to eat, for example.
What happens when the bug occurs? I place my toddler in a highchair (with autonomy off) to eat and they force my sim to stop whatever they're doing and give in to their demands: Let them out of the highchair or put them to bed when they either haven't eaten yet, or not sleepy or don't need to use the potty.
What do you expect to see? Toddlers should stay in the highchair until, without autonomy off, my sim takes them out rather than cancelling any queues to move them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Turning off autonomy doesn't work because it overrides even that. I don't give in to my children's every whim and demand no matter the age. Unless they're dying, they'll survive until I finish what's on my plate before I get up to let them out of their highchairs, etc.

NB: I have only cosmetic mods (like high heels, and a dress recolour). No hair mods, at all and it happens both with and without mods installed.

Message 32 of 77 (1,940 Views)

Re: Bossy Toddlers

Hero
I merged this with this but autonomy and high chairs have been an issue from start. There's another thread on it which is a bit more general though so I decided for this one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 77 (1,909 Views)

★ Guide

Qulen80946 yes, this disturbs the game process immensely, always someone else comes along and intervenes in the care process...

Message 34 of 77 (1,819 Views)

★ Guide

@LothiRoseI don't like playing with Toddler anymore. It's a real pity, we were looking forward to it and now they are totally broken.

Message 35 of 77 (1,818 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

latest patch update:22nd February
is it still playing up? 

Message 36 of 77 (1,728 Views)

EA Staff

Hi there!

Is anyone still experiencing this issue?

Thank you!

Message 37 of 77 (1,645 Views)

EA Staff

Hi everyone!

We see that we have a high number of me too's but we have not been able to reproduce this issue.

Is anyone experiencing this willing to send their save file? It would be very helpful for us.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you very much!

Message 38 of 77 (1,606 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I thought this was supposed to be fixed?
Message 39 of 77 (1,567 Views)

Hero
There's a lot of high chair issues. With this this one, there has been no feedback in a while so not sure what's going on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 77 (1,551 Views)