[FIXED] Toddler jittery walk (Patch 1.81/1.49)

by xjodielaura

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Toddler jittery walk (Patch 1.81/1.49)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.228.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Vampires, Magic, Batuu and some kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a toddler with level 5 movement and see how he walks and runs in different moods
What happens when the bug occurs? Walking with glitches. Walking slowly instead of running
What do you expect to see? Normal walking and running
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

All my toddlers are still doing this... Walking with glitches. Walking slowly instead of running. I'm starting to hate them. Fix it, please

Message 41 of 85 (1,024 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Julerra I hate it too. I’m finishing my 100 baby challenge and it’s extremely painful to watch.
Message 42 of 85 (1,005 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue. Is it still not fixed with all the updates lately?

Message 43 of 85 (900 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This glitch still exists! I am on just the base game only with no mods.

Message 44 of 85 (778 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, I wish they solved this bug ASAP

Message 45 of 85 (753 Views)

EA Staff

Hello,

Thanks for all of the information and files sent about this issue.

The team is looking into it. We no longer need saves for this issue.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 46 of 85 (695 Views)

★ Guide

Hey guys, I have this jittery walk of toddlers too, and was so sad as it is very hard to enjoy toddlers with that. But I spend a day to try every combination of interactions, as i randomly managed to remove the jitter, and I actually found a work-around that works consistently for me!

The jitter always starts for me, once someone picked up my toddler and put him autonomously back to the ground. The way I can stop the jitter, is to use the "pick up" action of my adult on the toddler, and once the toddler is in the arms of the adult, I switch to the toddler, click on the ground and choose "go here". This makes the adult drop the toddler back down, but now the toddler doesn't jitter anymore. This has worked for me no matter the level of the toddlers walking skill! 

Hope it works for others too Standard smile Happy simming!!

Message 47 of 85 (577 Views)

★ Guide

Hmm, unfortunately I also ran into cases now where I was not able to reset the jittering with the "pick up" and "go here" workaround. It happened when several actions happened like the parent picking the toddler, walking upstairs, dropping it and picking it up again and then bathing it.. After multiple of these actions in a row it started jittering again and i couldn't get rid of it, no matter what i did.. 

I hope this still gets fixed, it's so heartbreaking to watch and takes away the pleasure of watching cute toddlers, as it really hurts the eye Frown

Message 48 of 85 (535 Views)

★ Guide

Another observation, that hopefully helps debugging this: I noticed, most times when i had this jittering starting, my Toddler had one or several of their needs in the red area.. Maybe the walking animation doesnt play well with the expression of negative emotional state? Sometimes fixing their needs actually stopped the jittering instantly for me. But I feel like sometimes I tried that same fixing of needs and it still kept jittering. I wonder if there is a combination of factors causing this..

Message 49 of 85 (484 Views)

★ Guide

Oh, another observation! It consistently happens when the "Energized" buff is on the toddler, when i remove it, the animation goes back to normal and doesn't jitter anymore too! I'll keep looking out for if that is always the pattern, as I didn't look at her buffs when testing before. Standard smile

Message 50 of 85 (477 Views)