Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] Toddler/Kids weight slider all stuck on same level on aging

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Dine Out, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Bowling Night, Backyard Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, and Strangerville.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If your game has the glitch too, then have your sim have a kid, and if it is a girl, then their weight slider will be almost at the top when they age into a toddler, regardless of their parents' weights and muscle mass. Boys will have their weight based on their parents.
What happens when the bug occurs? When my sims have children in game (like no adoption or kids made in CAS) the girls age into toddlers with their weight sliders almost at the top, no matter what, while the boys have their weight based on what their parents weighed. Even if I immediately age the girls up after they're born, this glitch occurs. It doesn't seem to happen with the townie families. It also doesn't seem to matter if both parents live in the house or if the baby is born at the hospital either way or at home. I've also tried repairing my game multiple times which has done nothing.
What do you expect to see? When the girls age up into toddlers I would like their weights to be based the same way the boys' are - by their parent's weights.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I bought and installed Get Together in late December 2018. ‌

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 1 of 72 (7,845 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Max Weight Slider - Female Toddlers

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello.

We no longer need saves for this particular issue.  The team is looking into it.

Thank you to everyone that has provided saves and other information.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 65 of 72 (4,967 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Toddler weight slider maxed out on aging

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 72 (7,716 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Toddler weight slider maxed out on aging

Hero (Retired)

Can confirm this is happening in my game, too. I think it started after the April 2019 patch(es). My legacy family didn't have this issue with chubby toddlers prior to the generations born after the April patch. Vanilla base game, RG, Holiday freebie pack and Grim's guitar; no cc or mods, never used. 

I have had 5 girls in 2 generations, all naturally born to their parents, and all aged from baby to toddlers at maximum weight. Some were aged with cakes and some just aged by the game. I finally forced a boy to see what would happen and sure enough, he was at a normal weight. In all cases that I have aged the girls since, this excessive weight has carried through from toddler, child, teenager and young adult. 

Two girls were born to parents who had both maxed Fitness skill; Father completed Bodybuilder aspiration. Their older brother was born slim as I would have expected. As toddlers, the boy and one of the girls got to level 4 on movement; the other girl only got to level 3 on movement. Aging to child, the boy was average/slim, both girls were chubby. As children, all three completed the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration, which maxed their Movement skills and gave the trait "Physically Gifted". Both girls aged to teen at max weight; the boy was average/slim. It has now carried into adulthood.

Three girls and one boy in the next generation were born to a mother who was average build but only had level 1 - 4 Fitness skill, and a father who maxed Fitness and completed the Bodybuilder aspiration (this is actually the son from the previous generation). All 3 girls aged to chubby toddlers; the son just aged to toddler and he is a slim little guy. All the girls aged to chubby children and the one that is now a teen is still at the top of the weight scale, despite being Physically Gifted from completing the childhood aspiration. The youngest girl had the Wild trait, maxed the Motor skill as a toddler, and still aged into a chubby child. When that happened, I went looking for reports and found this bug report. I wanted to test with a boy before posting my results.

The only other variables that I can think of have to do with the way I play toddlers now. I've been having them eat apples on waking a lot, and sometimes have an adult grab a serving from the family meal instead of going to the high chair and using the food selection from there. But that would not affect the weight on aging from baby to toddler. Something definitely changed with weight determination from infant to toddler.

Message 3 of 72 (7,673 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] All children of played families are overweight

★★★ Novice

I'm having this problem now, too. I don't have Cats and Dogs installed (or any expansions or mods). What can I do to fix it?

Message 4 of 72 (7,579 Views)

Hero
Is it for males and females or just females ?

There's currently this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Toddler-weight-slider-maxed-out-on-aging/m-p/781...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 72 (7,562 Views)

★★ Apprentice

So the glitch started happening for you in a family you were already playing with? I've been curious if it would happen in one of my old saves but I was nervous about checking. 

Message 6 of 72 (7,630 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

Hi @AnneSims34 - Yes, it happened for me in an existing save, but only with new babies. The existing toddlers / children did not suddenly become overweight, if that's what you're worried about. You can always double-check a save for a bug and exit to the main menu without saving if you find a bug.

In my save, the weight and muscle sliders will appropriately slim down if I have them eat low-calorie foods and exercise. It takes some time, for sure, but it all seems to be working correctly from that standpoint. I also slimmed one down manually in CAS as a teen, as a young adult she seems to be thinning down a lot faster compared to the other ones. 

You can always do a "save as" and play your older saves for a bit to see if you want to risk it. 

Message 7 of 72 (7,606 Views)

★★ Apprentice

UPDATE: I don't usually do adoption in my game, so I thought that only babies resulting from pregnancy had the glitch but I had Brent and Brant Hecking adopt a baby girl and when she aged up she had the glitch as well. Is anyone else having this happen with adopted children?

Message 8 of 72 (7,551 Views)

★★★ Novice

So sorry - I missed the notification and thought this hadn't been answered. 

Females only. Aging up from children to teenagers. I checked CAS and the weight slider is probably at 95% for each one. 

They were perfectly average-looking children and toddlers but all have been large teens. Seems more than chance?

Message 9 of 72 (7,525 Views)

Re: All children of played families are overweight

Hero

@ponyberry13 

I moved your post over to the newer thread then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 72 (7,511 Views)