Re: [OPEN] Toddler/Kids weight slider all stuck on same level on aging

by Francoisf30

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Toddler/Kids weight slider all stuck on same level on aging

★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problem on Xbox One; my two slim sims had three girls, all of which are overweight.

Message 61 of 72 (1,189 Views)

★★ Novice

My female sims are constantly gaining weight when I am not actively playing with them. Sometimes the males do too but it's predominantly a female issue for all my played sims. 

Message 62 of 72 (1,159 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? French

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

What is your current game version number? 1.81.72.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 

City living, get famous, get together, island living, seasons, snowy escape, university, cats and dogs, get to work,

Parenthood, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, dream decorator, 

Tiny living, kids room, romantic garden, movie hangout, spooky day,cool kitchen, perfect patio

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a townie give birth and age them up into teens
What happens when the bug occurs? All townies born in game seem to be stuck on the same body scales (from birth). Regardless of their parent's figure, females' scales are set on max muscle mass and minimum body fat, and males on medium muscle mass and close to minimum body fat as well. All townies are affected, and this regardless of whether they jog in the neighbourhood or not, or if I encounter them at the gym or spa. I don't feel like it's happening to my played households, but that's probably because I have an impact on their weight and muscle mass through gameplay.

I don't exactly think the scales are "stuck", as I'm sure they would fluctuate if I played with unplayed families long enough. But when left unplayed and through several generations, all townies end up looking exactly the same which is annoying. I should also say that the silhouette is not impacted by this bug, kids still inherit their parents broad shoulder and narrow hips andd whatnot.  
What do you expect to see? I expect unplayed children growing up into adults to have a simar body weights to their parents, and for their scales to fluctuate when doing weight related activities around played household (such as eating or exercising).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I do. But I have done the 50/50 test and ended up play tested without and the same bug occured. I also did a game repair and nothing changed.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I'm not sure, it's been happening for a while and I didn't know at first, but then I noticed many female townies were extremely buff. After a while I realised it was every single one of them, and males were impacted too, but I couldn't find anything online about this bug.

Thanks for the help, it's really annoying! 

Message 63 of 72 (1,099 Views)

Max Weight Slider - Female Toddlers

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims™ 4 Cats & Dogs The Sims™ 4 City Living The Sims™ 4 Cottage Living The Sims™ 4 Discover University The Sims™ 4 Eco Lifestyle The Sims™ 4 Get Famous The Sims™ 4 Get to Work The Sims™ 4 Get Together The Sims™ 4 Island Living The Sims™ 4 Seasons The Sims™ 4 Snowy Escape The Sims™ 4 Dine Out The Sims™ 4 Dream Home Decorator The Sims™ 4 Jungle Adventure The Sims™ 4 Outdoor Retreat The Sims™ 4 Parenthood The Sims™ 4 Realm of Magic The Sims™ 4 Spa Day The Sims™ 4 StrangerVille The Sims™ 4 Vampires The Sims™ 4 Backyard Stuff The Sims™ 4 Bowling Night Stuff The Sims™ 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff The Sims™ 4 Fitness Stuff The Sims™ 4 Kids Room Stuff The Sims™ 4 Laundry Day Stuff The Sims™ 4 Luxury Party Stuff The Sims™ 4 Moschino Stuff Pack The Sims™ 4 Movie Hangout Stuff The Sims™ 4 My First Pet Stuff The Sims™ 4 Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack The Sims™ 4 Paranormal Stuff Pack The Sims™ 4 Perfect Patio Stuff The Sims™ 4 Romantic Garden Stuff The Sims™ 4 Spooky Stuff The Sims™ 4 Tiny Living The Sims™ 4 Toddler Stuff The Sims™ 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have any male and female Sim try for a baby and when that baby ages up to toddler you will see the issue.
What happens when the bug occurs? All female toddlers have their weight slider to the top.
What do you expect to see? Every toddler should be at varied weights or a weight similar to their parents.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This issue appeared after a recent Sim Delivery. Prior to the Sim Delivery, I did not have this issue.

A link to a recent save file that has this issue: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NgDmUpttf39K-CNHRVlfSC770n09sa53?usp=sharing

Message 64 of 72 (1,071 Views)

Re: Max Weight Slider - Female Toddlers

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello.

We no longer need saves for this particular issue.  The team is looking into it.

Thank you to everyone that has provided saves and other information.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 65 of 72 (4,968 Views)

Girl Children Always Obese

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every single one except for Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a girl baby
What happens when the bug occurs? From toddler to adult aging, the girls are always obese. I can have twins and one be a boy and one a girl and the boy will always be lean and the girl will always be larger.
What do you expect to see? You can tell from in CAS and in-game after each age up that the girls are larger.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

From toddler to adult aging, the girls are always obese. I can have twins and one be a boy and one a girl and the boy will always be lean and the girl will always be larger. Please help to fix. 

Message 66 of 72 (924 Views)

★ Guide

I’m also having this issue. I’m currently playing the pancakes and at first I thought their daughter was a chubby toddler because bob does have a little weight on him when you first start the game and while she was pregnant Eliza seemed to put on a lot of weight in my game too but now their daughter is a child and she aged up with her weight bar higher than Bob’s is. 

Message 67 of 72 (848 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Its happening to me too, I have notice mainly on girls toddler, being much more fat than any of her parents.

Message 68 of 72 (820 Views)

★★★ Novice

So it's 7 months later...is there any update on this.

I can confirm both pre & post werewolves this is still an issue on PC. Starting to think this will never be solved (at least not permanently) as a simple internet search will reveal that this has been around off and on since day 1.

Message 69 of 72 (723 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

There was some work in the Infants patch (released back in March) to improve this.  Is anyone still seeing this occurring?

Message 70 of 72 (394 Views)