Re: All my female children age up to become overweight, doesn't happen for males

by SheriGR

Original Post

all females overweight

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion and game packs- for stuff packs: toddler stuff, knitting, movie , bowling, tiny stuff, laundry, fitness, kitchen, romantic garden, kids stuff, glamour, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give birth to a female
What happens when the bug occurs? All females grow up overweight and all males are extremely thin
What do you expect to see? The child should have similar body type to parents or only become overweight if they eat too much or do not exercise
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not sure when this started but regardless of the body type of parents, all females are overweight starting from toddler and all males are extremely thin

Message 51 of 72 (1,079 Views)

Re: all females overweight

Hero
@krobertson123 I merged your post with the current bug report on this

There's also a thread for Sims growing up thin so you might wanna post in that thread as well: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Children-Grow-Up-Worryingly-Thin/td-p/7010350/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 72 (1,044 Views)

Re: all females overweight

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Huh, yeah, I figured it was the lack of good exercise options for kids. If they don’t spend every waking moment on the monkey bars they’re getting what I call “the ritual insta-lean” upon age-up to teen, followed by the body builder aspiration.  Every child who doesn’t have a jungle gym and monkey bars on lot ages up to teen with their weight slider maxed, unless they’re adopted. Even if the child doesn’t look like they’re at max weight, the teen is always shockingly overweight.

I went through a phase where the third adult trait was always Active. They still do Body Builder and Friend of the World as teens. I’m on long lifespan and have time.

Message 53 of 72 (1,028 Views)

Re: [FIXED] All children of played families are overweight

★★★★★ Novice

I am still experiencing the obese toddler issue. I first noticed it on my game WITH CC and mods. Then I tried without CC but left mods in. I finally started a whole new game without any mods or CC and still have obese toddlers. I am talking max overweight.   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sJVBWDZeP4u3EDK8mtF7zNEDHTG_okJ-/view?usp=sharing  I hope I did this right. 

Message 54 of 72 (1,005 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I have also noticed that my born in game female babies have been aging up to be very heavy, probably maxed on the weight, starting after the March game update. I've seen it with three different female babies, one in a mod free save, the other two had MCCC in it at some point, though not always as I tend to take it out after updates & don't add it back immediately (no other mods were used and no cc).  I have not seen it with male babies born in game.

This is a picture of the most recent female toddler that was born and aged up in a mod free save:

No photo description available.

I've emailed my mod free save with the max weight toddler as requested earlier by @SimGuruRitzy .   

Best regards,

Jennifer

PC 1.73.57.1030

Message 55 of 72 (989 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @JantineSims 

I dont seem to have access to this drive link, please feel free to send me as a private message.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 56 of 72 (962 Views)

All my female children age up to become overweight, doesn't happen for males

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living, discover university, eco lifestyle, get famous, get to work, island living, seasons, parenthood, toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. have a sim birth a female sim 2. age up the sim 3. see if the female sim is overweight 4. check to see if the sim stays overweight through all age ups
What happens when the bug occurs? While doing the 100 baby challenge, all my female children are overweight, the bar is usually at the highest level, while the male children all have different weights. The female children are overweight every single time, even when I feed them healthy food when they are a toddler, they age up to become an overweight child. When i make the child increase their motor skill and have them play on the monkey bars and do sports, they still age up to become an overweight teen. This only happens to the female children. When ageing up my female sims at all age stages, all of them are overweight, even though both parents are not, they eat healthy, exercise etc.
What do you expect to see? Different varieties of body types and figures, similar to what happens to all my male children.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The female children are overweight every single time, even when I feed them healthy food when they are a toddler, they age up to become an overweight child. When i make the child increase their motor skill and have them play on the monkey bars and do sports, they still age up to become an overweight teen. This only happens to the female children.

Message 57 of 72 (902 Views)

Re: All my female children age up to become overweight, doesn't happen for males

★★★★ Expert

The only female Sim I've ever had age up from child to teen and not be overweight was obsessed with the jungle gym and monkey bars and played on them to the exclusion of eating, sleeping, or peeing unless I intervened. (She lived on a 64x64 lot and therefore had her own pirate ship jungle gym, along with monkey bars and a swing set that made her nauseated and she used it anyway.)  Every other female child?  Adorable, normal-ish if slightly pudgy looking but the fat bar maxed aging up to a shockingly overweight teen.  I've taken to spending some of those childhood aspiration points on Insta-Lean at teen age-up as the first action after blowing out the candles. 

Kid exercise options aren't very good and girls seem to get the brunt of it.  I've had several get the "My How You've Changed" trophy. 

Some of them live on a lot with a jungle gym next door, but with autonomy on they only seem to play with objects on their actual lot, which is another topic. 

Message 58 of 72 (875 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I've noticed this bug too. I use the MCCC command to check the weight numbers and ALL females always spawn with a weight > +40.  Not once Have I seen a female from -100 to 0 or 0 to +40. They're always +40 to +100.

It seems the game thinks all women should be overweight.

Message 59 of 72 (862 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Psychotps Weird!! Funny thing is that in I've also never noticed a weight issue for the child once I 'thin them down' after the age-up with exercise or via the 'ice cream' method (make “Taste of Diet” ice cream & eat 2-3 servings of this ice cream), so to me they don't seem to have it as a 'disposition', but just a condition. 

Have you checked if it makes a difference if the toddler was born in-game, per @MapleSimmer's comment? In my households I think they all were born in-game, so that's a factor/difference that would be off my radar.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 60 of 72 (800 Views)