[FIXED] Time Freezes When Any Computer on any Lot is Hovered Over

by BansheeHVO

Original Post

Re: Time Freezes When Any Computer on any Lot is Hovered Over

★★★ Apprentice

This is happen 100% of the time on XBOX. Please developers fix this!

Message 41 of 124 (1,035 Views)

PS4 blue screens after patch and DLC on 6/5

★★★★★ Novice

The game is unplayable and will blue screen every 20 minutes of gameplay.

The symptoms are as follows:

1. Select an interactive item (laptop for example)
  2. No interaction options appear
  3. The game freezes on in game time (6:15p.m) for example
  4. The game will then show the interaction options about 2 min later 
  5. Game time catches up for the time that it would have elapses to (6:36p.m.)
  6. The game then goes back to the frozen time 6:15p.m.
  7. Game locks up and blue screens to a PS4 blue screen message

This has happened everytime since I installed the new DLC. The game is unplayable. Please fix this.

Message 42 of 124 (883 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Time Freezes When Any Computer on any Lot is Hovered Over

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem.

Playing on ps4 with all packs installed (including eco). Everything seems to work but after clicking on the in-game computer time freezes but the game seems to continue running (sims still moving arms while playing instruments, stars are moving etc.)

After about 1 or 2 minutes (real time) the game crashes and ps4 reports an CE-34878-0 error and ends the game.

I installed ECO pack together with the june patch so I cannot decice which of them introduced the problem.

Please help,

thanks

Message 43 of 124 (1,012 Views)

Computer bug freezes clock

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco lifestyle realm of magic seasons island living parenthood backyard stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go to click on a computer
What happens when the bug occurs? Computer is not clickable no menu pops up, when I click it freezes the clock and no other interactions are accessible.
What do you expect to see? A menu pop up for the computer
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. patch 1.6 3.13 4.1220 / Eco lifestyle

Message 44 of 124 (981 Views)

★★ Guide

@niander  I don't understand what You mean, Sorry. Can You please elaborate? I haven't at this point made/ started a new Family/ saved Game. I moved an old existing family, into the neighbourhood. But I'm willing to try some experimenting, if You can give me some guidelines.

Message 45 of 124 (979 Views)

Re: Eco life style crashes

[ Edited ]
Hero

@BasedChild 

@emilysuzanna 

Merged your thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 124 (1,231 Views)

Using computers and laptops freezes the game

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, My First Pet Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, and Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play in a University Dorm (I haven't tested this anywhere else), and use a Laptop or Computer
What happens when the bug occurs? Game freezes up, but the UI remains the same
What do you expect to see? The interaction menu should immediately pop up like it does with every other item
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch/Installing Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle

I tested this without mods, repaired my game, and also did that thing where you take out your Tray, Mods, and Saves, and delete everything else and then launch the game. I attached a video of the bug

Message 47 of 124 (1,175 Views)

Re: Using computers and laptops freezes the game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The video wouldn't attach so here's a google drive version of the video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VF01e1acUHfGKWas8ikOQc4yaPIRjwBz/view?usp=sharing

(Also the video says it's currently winterfest but the bug still happens not on holidays)

Message 48 of 124 (1,173 Views)

Re: Eco life style crashes

★★ Novice

Same problem, I bought and installed eco lifestyle, the game launches without problem but as soon as i want to interract with ingame computer... i can't interract with anything... please release a patch or something !

Message 49 of 124 (1,167 Views)

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time I run my current save file
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? visit any lot, click on a computer.
What happens when the bug occurs? entire game freezes, sometimes resulting in it crashing completely 
What do you expect to see? Typical computer use.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch made available and the purchasing of Eco Lifestyle.

Additional information:

I was able to fix this issue by creating a new save (moving my existing files out). Repairing the game did not work. Once I restored my old save, the issues continued. That being said, I spent an entire year with this save file so I would rather not have to resort to completely playing a new game due to purchasing DLC.

Message 50 of 124 (1,105 Views)