[FIXED] Time Freezes When Any Computer on any Lot is Hovered Over

by BansheeHVO

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Time Freezes When Any Computer on any Lot is Hovered Over

@chr_dezzy  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Feel free to click Me Too on the first post, and you can keep an eye on this thread for updates.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 111 of 124 (1,198 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We think this issue may be fixed on today's patch (1.64.84).  If anyone is still seeing it (without mods) after updating the game, please let us know.  Save files may also be helpful. 

(Instructions on how to send saves are here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...)

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 112 of 124 (5,696 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@SimQARobo  Hmm didn't see that kind of info in the update notes, when I read it? I would love some clarification,, What was/is believed to be the failure? Designfailure, or did we just suck at buying Our devices? Just asking.. Since my Own CPU was spiking, whenever I tried to use any Sim pc's ingame.

Message 113 of 124 (1,138 Views)

EA Sims Team

@Compulsivian 

I heard it was caused by Sims that had a lot of items in their inventory.  There were some changes in the recent patch to improve performance with Sim inventories.  Are you still seeing this issue?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 114 of 124 (1,120 Views)

Bug report

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.28.72.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you go to a laptop or computer it just freezes your screen and you can not do anything?
What happens when the bug occurs? you character can not move or do anything you have to restart the game to get it to work again
What do you expect to see? Try to get on a computer and when you click it just freezes the game and you can move or click anything and frozen, and have a force restart.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I tried to uninstall the game and reinstall and still happens.

Message 115 of 124 (1,009 Views)

Re: Bug report

EA Sims Team

Hello @xmofreakyx 

Does the Sim or Household inventory have a lot of items in it?  If so, does the issue still occur when the inventory is reduced?  (You don't have to delete or sell the items, just place the items from the inventory onto the lot to test this.)

Message 116 of 124 (973 Views)

★★★ Novice

I sold almost everything and mine still hangs and crashes. Frustrating and it crashes coming out of build back to live mode....every time since update 1.27 in June. July patch did not help.

Message 117 of 124 (920 Views)

Hero
@ghostlydragonite Are you on PS4 or XB1 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 118 of 124 (913 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrictPS4. I have already done all of the things suggested. Licenses, delete inventory, rebuild database, etc.... It all started after the 1.27 update and installation of eco pack.

Message 119 of 124 (852 Views)

Re: Time Freezes When Any Computer on any Lot is Hovered Over

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict any fix for that bug? i have that too
Message 120 of 124 (808 Views)