Re: [OPEN] Time Freezes When Any Computer on any Lot is Hovered Over

by LaurenVillone

Original Post

Hero

Few Questions for everyone

• Does this happen on every computer or does it depend on save/family ?
  • If it's not everyone, do you have lots of stuff in the inventory of the Sim trying ?
  • Could you please all upload your config.log files found in documents.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 124 (1,281 Views)

★ Apprentice
  • Does this happen on every computer or does it depend on save/family ?   It happens on every computer for any family, doesn't matter what type of computer. Some lots perform better than others in terms of responsiveness when clicking on it, but I can still hear my PC get louder each time I click on an in game computer
  • If it's not everyone, do you have lots of stuff in the inventory of the Sim trying ? 
  • Could you please all upload your config.log files found in documents. See attached
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 52 of 124 (1,235 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict 

Does this happen on every computer or does it depend on save/family ?

- Yes, any laptop or stationary pc in any Family/Save.

Could you please all upload your config.log files found in documents?

- See attachment.

On another Note: My CPU spikes up and around 100 % anytime, I interact with Sims pc's. Never experienced that problem with Sims 4 before, on this PC, before this patch/ expansion.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 53 of 124 (1,164 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It will help a lot if you sell your saved items in your household inventory

!. Go to build mode 

2. Select Household inventory on the bottom left of the screen (the transparent box that may have a exclamation point in the yellow triangle) 

3. Select Show All 

4. (recommended) once in the Show All category, filter by color one by one as you complete step 5 (this will speed this up)

5. Sell each item  

This seems to speed up the computer, I have no idea why the Household inventory is connected to the computer 

Hopefully this helps till they do an actual patch for this

GOOD LUCK!!!

Message 54 of 124 (1,163 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

• Does this happen on every computer or does it depend on save/family: Happens on every computer with all families in that particular save. I've tried several different saves from various points prior to the aforementioned - some as old as 2nd or 3rd June. This only started happening after the second June patch or installation of Eco (I downloaded both at once). 
  • If it's not everyone, do you have lots of stuff in the inventory of the Sim trying: Not applicable.
  • Could you please all upload your config.log files found in documents: done.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 55 of 124 (1,118 Views)

★ Apprentice
@deamonkid9416 I can confirm that after deleting everything from my household inventory clicking on the computer was considerably faster. However, it is still very slow so the bug persists.
Message 56 of 124 (1,113 Views)

Re: Crashing on consoles

★★★★★ Novice

My game ends in blue screen everytime after 20 min. I cant add objects in build mode and use them without an expected crash. I can predict when the crash is on the horizon via the following steps:

• Select an interactive object ( laptop for instance)
  • No interaction options appear
  • The in game time freezes for about a min and a half
  • The options for interaction finally appear and the in game time appears to catch up for the elapsed time lost and frozen
  • The game time then goes back to the time the game was frozen ( yes the time REWINDS)
  • Shortly after that, PS4 blue screen

The game is unplayable after patch and dlc as of June 8th, 2020.

EA and Maxis, what do you call this? I was a fan of your game and service but now I'm starting to question if you even care. 

I have seen ZERO feedback on the net, forums or Twitter that indicate that anyone is on top of this serious issue.  I'm forced to play OTHER PS4 games after I paid my money for a 40 dollar DLC that I have yet to truly enjoy!

Message 57 of 124 (1,053 Views)

Re: Can't click on any items.

★★★ Apprentice

Haha yup, I just stopped playing sims in general until we get an update to fix this bug. The computer is crucial for so many things In the game.

Message 58 of 124 (1,047 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I also had this issue the froze ended up locking up my PC and destroyed one of my installed hard drives (D drive) in the process, I have to order a new one unfortunately as the old one is now totaled

Message 59 of 124 (988 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

I don't see the "me too" option anymore, but I'm also having this problemStandard smile I'm playing on mac, and it's happening in all worlds.

Message 60 of 124 (968 Views)