[OPEN] Thin wall decor that is reduced in size gets stuck in wall

by BryonyRae

Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] Thin wall decor that is reduced in size gets stuck in wall

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose a thin wall décor object or a thin painting or poster (I used Winsome Growth Chart) and place it on a wall. Note that you can pick it back up again easily as the hand tool appears when hovering the mouse over it. Now press SHIFT+[ to reduce the size of the piece of décor. Place it back on the wall and attempt to grab it again. Depending upon the original size of the object, you may need to reduce it an additional time or two before you encounter the problem.
What happens when the bug occurs? After reducing the object in size (by a variable number of reductions depending upon the object's original size), the hand tool will no longer appear when hovering over the object, regardless of how carefully you may try to position your cursor. This effectively causes the item to be stuck in that position on the wall. If you angle your camera to the side of the wall, you can actually see the object "disappear" into the wall, which is, I think what's happening - the object is becoming embedded into the wall by virtue of how thin it is when its size is reduced. Note that if you turn bb.moveobjects on and place wall décor of reduced size out away from a wall, you can still pick it back up, so it is the interaction of the wall and object causing the difficulty.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to use the hand tool to pick up a wall décor object, no matter its size.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Introduced with the new object reducing capability in the 11/7/17 patch.

Here is an image showing various décor that exhibits the problem, but there are many more - basically any painting, poster, or very thin wall décor object will be subject to the issue.

stuckdecor.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________
I love to troubleshoot and help resolve issues, but I do not work for EA and am doing this on a volunteer basis. Please be patient, as sometimes life happens, and it may take me a bit to get back to you.
Message 1 of 2 (343 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Thin wall decor that is reduced in size gets stuck in wall

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have noticed this too.  If you reduce a decals size too much, you cannot move it.  You have to delete the wall and rebuild it.

Message 2 of 2 (135 Views)

Need help?

We’re happy to help with your account, troubleshooting, and gameplay questions.

Contact us on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help