Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] 'Popular now' section in disarray

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Creations are not being shown in order of ‘popular now’. Some creations are being shown multiple times as you scroll down the section. And, a lot of peoples work is just disappearing from the section all together (and then reappearing randomly for an hour or 2).
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check out the popular now section in the gallery
What happens when the bug occurs? Creations are not being shown in order of ‘popular now’. Some creations are being shown multiple times as you scroll down the section. And, a lot of peoples work is just disappearing from the section all together (and then reappearing randomly for an hour or 2).
What do you expect to see? The creations in order
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The Sims 4 popular now section has been in disarray for a while now. I would say I have noticed this issue for around 3 weeks.

Creations are not being shown in order of ‘popular now’. Some creations are being shown multiple times as you scroll down the section. And, a lot of peoples work is just disappearing from the section all together (and then reappearing randomly for an hour or 2).

I did notice this happen before the expansion pack City Living was released. And once that pack was out the gallery seemed to repair its self. I am hoping there is something that can be done before the new vampire pack comes out (as this seems to be an issue that occurs before new packs arrive) as it is unfair to players whose work disappears, while some players work stays there for longer than normal. I have attached some screens of the issues that I have mentioned above.

I hope this helps resolve this issue.

Edit: Just to add this issue is also happening in the lot popular now section also!

Message 1 of 15 (1,400 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] The Sims 4 'popular now' section in disarray

Hero

I'm going to mark this as solved for now as I'd like to start afresh with the new gallery.

So, who ever still sees this, please create a new thread.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (1,350 Views)

All Replies

Re: The Sims 4 'popular now' section in disarray

Hero

Hm

Looks correct for me (not your pics, my game)

Tagging @SimQARobo for this though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (1,361 Views)

★ Apprentice

Popular now been messed up for three weeks for me. My sims which use to get a lot more downloads get a lot less now.  The popular now household section looks just like Sakuraleon's picture to me. And i notice my sims get low downloads now compared to before. The first day they get close to or well over a hundred. Then after that it takes a whole week for them to get another 100, in a normal gallery the downloads pick up everyday not get less. This is happening because they are not seen in popular now. Also I notice some accounts are always seen but mine. sakuraleons and wondercarlottas and many others have our work vanish. I wonder if this is because a ew simmers who make households download their own creations because they don't think it harmful cause sims don't take a lot of time to make. You know this game makes cheating easy right? All you do download and empty your tray.  I don't think builders cheat as much a the handful of people who cheat on households so there is not a issue with popular now there. But there is huge issue with popular now and  households. I hope this makes sense i hope you believe me that the popular now gallery is broken for housholds.  I hope you can fix it cause. I challenge you to find my gallery svlyn2 and see if you can see my  The Athlete-level 10 anywhere in popular now. If you can't that means there is something wrong with the gallery. I hope you take time to investigate  this issue.   Thank you.

Message 3 of 15 (1,345 Views)

★ Apprentice

Also its particulary the single sims that a messed up. If you put up families or more then one sim its works fine. But single sims are messed up so bad. They are all the most cheated on creations in the gallery too.  If you want screens i can provide them.

Message 4 of 15 (1,337 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have seen this same issue with "the popular now" tab. I see some sims over & over again, which is probably one of the reasons why other sims are disappearing from there. I really hope they can fix this issue because I would like to see "the popular now" tab be in order of downloads like it is supposed to be & has always been before! Thank you!

Message 5 of 15 (1,328 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Yes, I can see it if I narrow it down to single

Moving this to the bug forum, I guess

@SakuraLeon @SimmieSweetness @KatsCorner

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (1,325 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you hun awesome.

Message 7 of 15 (1,320 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you!

Message 8 of 15 (1,314 Views)

★ Apprentice

also i notice that if a sim gets 1000 downloads it stablizies and is seen then. But the target downloads seem to be around 1000. hard to get for a person with 1000 followers like me. 

Message 9 of 15 (1,313 Views)

Re: [OPEN] The Sims 4 'popular now' section in disarray

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 15 (1,283 Views)