Re: [NEEDS INPUT] The Game is Generating an Influx of Single Sim Adult Household

by SimGuruNick

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] The Game is Generating an Influx of Single Sim Adult Households

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Parenthood, Dine Out, Strangerville, Spa Day Stuff Packs: Perfect Patio, My First Pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? View the households generated in manage households.
What happens when the bug occurs? All of the households generated are single Sim adult households. None of them are families or households containing the other age groups such as toddler, teen, young adult, or elder.
What do you expect to see? A mixture of households.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am not sure what patch this occurred at.  It seems to have happened recently. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 8 (2,921 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] The Game is Generating an Influx of Single Sim Adult Household

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM the link to me. Thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (2,562 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@canelacaliente    I've seen some of this too.  But I've found is that it seems to self correct depending on what you are doing in the game.   What appears to happen in my game is that the game creates the npcs it needs for certain things like stall venders and they are typically all adults.  But if you go to one of the parks, you'll see npc kids and maybe a few teens there.  Check manage households and you'll find that new npcs were created that have either a single parent and that child or teen you saw or both parents and the child and or teen. If you go to a bar, the npc bartender can be any age from YA to Elder.  Same goes for ghosts created when you have a lot with the haunted trait.  Those are examples that I've seen in my game.  Now I travel a lot with my playables so I get a ton of npcs created especially in some of the game pack locations like the Realm, Strangerville and Salvadoria.  But also at the CL festivals and even just going to a park.  So I've concluded that most of the not in world npcs are created for a specific purpose and the game doesn't create them unless it needs them.  If all you are getting is adults, then you're probably not doing much travel to the locations where the game needs to create the npcs you no longer see in your manage households.  

Message 2 of 8 (2,830 Views)

★★ Guide

I've definitely noticed this while playing in StrangerVille. Almost all townie households spawned for StrangerVille are single-Sim adult households, with the occasional single-Sim elder household peppered in. Very rarely do I see any young adults.

Message 3 of 8 (2,748 Views)

★★ Pro

Strangerville generates a lot of single Sim households, because it has roles unique to just that world: like the infected Sims, military, conspiracy theorists, and scientists that are all needed to complete the story. I will say it starts to seem excessive after awhile, but it's been that way since the pack was released.

Message 4 of 8 (2,714 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Happens to me too, but I've never thought of it as a bug. Boring, yes, but probably easier for the game to generate single households than big households.

Message 5 of 8 (2,653 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM the link to me. Thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 8 (2,563 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, same here. I mean, it would make sense for single-person hh to move in to create a story with someone else. Like: Just out of college and on my way to buy a house. Or: Sims to create stories with. You don't want to have a whole bunch of families move in around you while you are still single. It could also be the size of the house in the details panel from Build Mode. If you set it to something higher than 1br, there could be families moving in.

Message 7 of 8 (2,410 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] The Game is Generating an Influx of Single Sim Adult Household

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I've had this ever since I started playing, and it was quite a big turn off as I'd only really played Sims 3 before. It really brings credence to some calling Sims 4 the "Millennial Simulator" - the only time I saw more than one or two children out of a full population of random townies (and any actual marriages creating families like that) was when I finally installed MCCC. Left to its own devices, the game seems to just shove single young adults/adults into nearly every house and role available in the world.

It might be somewhat nitpicky, but seeing someone who only works at a vendor stall somehow buy and move into a massive >$200,000 mansion after simply blinking into existence is pretty immersion breaking to me at times. The world, its people and the setting matters!

Edit: I just noticed OP mentioned only Adult age range. I tend to get Young Adults too, but it's still just an onslaught of mostly single sim households. Enjoy that 4 bedroom mansion on a 14 simoleon an hour job!

Message 8 of 8 (2,383 Views)