Re: Missing Features

by SproutLee

Original Post

[OPEN] The Apollo Rocket - Missing Effects

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

The exhaust effect for "The Apollo Rocket" ship has been overridden and is no longer activated on departure or landing however the 'vapor cloud' effect is still functional and can be seen while the rocket is making contact with the platform on return.

Message 1 of 9 (1,681 Views)

Re: The Apollo Rocket - Missing Effects

Hero

Are you using any mods in your game ? Especially ones that could affect effects ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,624 Views)

★★ Guide

I had assumed that was the case upon discovery, however, I've tested the object with a default save file without any content and the same problem occurs after building new rocket. The effect worked perfectly until "Get Together"  build 1.13.104

Message 3 of 9 (1,618 Views)

Hero

Again: Are you using mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (1,609 Views)

★★ Guide

Sorry, I should have clarified. I've tested this both with and without. The test with the default file (new, un-modified, save which is created at first launch) was performed with base content only and no modification of any kind.

Message 5 of 9 (1,605 Views)

Hero

Âdded

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (1,599 Views)

★★ Guide

This one is critical as it would indicate that one of the packaged objects has been overridden or that a critical conflict has been created between the rockets and one of the Get Together objects. Loss of the effect negates the value of the object since it doesn't do much else.

Message 7 of 9 (1,584 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I'm adding a 'me too' here since this problem has nothing to do with anyone's Origin account and nothing has been done about overridden animations and functions such as the exhaust effect for The Apollo Rocket:

Appollo Rocket Launch

Here's the launch after installation of the Get Together expansion:

Apollo Rocket Missing Effect

Here's another view of the launch using the test file with Get to Work only:

Apollo Rocket Launch Get to Work

Message 8 of 9 (1,572 Views)

★★★ Guide

This happens as well10-15-17_4-36-15 PM.png

Message 9 of 9 (1,384 Views)