by Sketch793

Original Post

[OPEN] Terrified Moodlet causes Sims to come home from school/work

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all but mossimo and dine out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? live in a haunted house and send sim to work/school
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims leave for school/work/ they are gone less than a sim hour before a pop up shows up that asks if I am sure they should leave school/work early it doesn't matter if you say or no, they sim comes home. I had to age my child to a teen her getting taking away from bad grades. You can't send them back and it will now say 24 hours until school again. There is nothing like a birthday they are trying to come home for. All I can think is that it may be linked to them being terrified. the house is really haunted. But it's making the game hard to play. Just started after I got the haunted house game.
What do you expect to see? sims staying at school work all day and at the very least, the the pop up asking if I want to bring them home actually listening when I say no.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. installed paranormal

I have tried repairing the game and cleaning out the Cache.  I am wondering if there is something about being terrified that makes them think they need to be at home. I sent a sim who wasn't terrified and she stayed at work all day.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 14 (2,522 Views)

Re: Automatically come home from school/work right after leaving house

Hero
@Dannakyri Did you also test without mods ? Does it also happen on a non-haunted lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (2,480 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have not tested it on a non-haunted lot but I did start keeping a better eye on it. Kids who go to school not terrified stay at school until the other moodlets that are overpowering the scared feeling wear off but if the terrified moodlet takes over the "are you sure you want to bring the sim home" pop up shows up and they come home no mater what you answer. Same with adults at work.  If they stay happy they stay at work but if the terrifed moodlet takes over they come home. I have not tried removing the mods. I only us MCCC Commander. I will try uninstalling it and see if it changes anything but it seems like seeming in the terrified emotion is overriding their ability to be at school/work which might make sense since it overrides a lot of other things.

Message 3 of 14 (2,466 Views)

Hero
@Dannakyri Sounds like it. Have not tried children in a haunted house yet.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (2,468 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

What happens if you just don't answer? Haven't seen this yet so can't test it myself.

Message 5 of 14 (2,454 Views)

Sims autonomously cancelling school/work because of fear

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim in a high intensity haunted house in a terrified mood go to school/work
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims go to school/work as normal, and then pretty much instantly a pop up comes up saying "---- is currently at school, skipping school will result in bad grades! Would you like to skip?" with a yes or no option. Regardless of which you click they leave autonomously and there's no way of sending them back.
What do you expect to see? Sims go to school or work and stay for the day
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch that added fear

Following the latest patch which added fear, my sims have been autonomously cancelling school or work on a regular basis and going home.

This mainly happens when sims are in a terrified mood from living in a haunted house, they go to school/work as normal, and then instantly get a pop up as if I told them to leave.

rip.png

Regardless of which option I click, they go home and won't go back to school/work and it's marked as the end of the day. They also lose job performance because according to the game they're skipping work/school. This doesn't happen all the time, however it seems to be very regular now in my game to the point where my sims are failing school because they won't stay there and there's nothing I can do about it.

Message 6 of 14 (2,395 Views)

Re: Sims autonomously cancelling school/work because of fear

Hero
@Onverser Merged your post with existing thread. Please click me too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (2,358 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Sketch793You can't not answer, you have to click yes or no to get rid of the pop up.

Also sims also seem to be cancelling school when they aren't scared as well but that seems to be totally random and nowhere near as frequent

Message 8 of 14 (2,290 Views)

Re: Terrified Moodlet causes Sims to come home from school/work

★★★ Newbie
@Dannakyri Same thing happened to me but I’m on Xbox one, not pc, so it’s probably not kids or cc
Message 9 of 14 (2,021 Views)

Re: Terrified Moodlet causes Sims to come home from school/work

★★★ Newbie
@Dannakyri I meant mods Idk why it autocorrected to kids
Message 10 of 14 (2,020 Views)