by r_chat08

Original Post

Re: Terrain Paint Disappearing

Hero
Glad to hear you got it fixed :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 58 (977 Views)

Terrain Paint Not Working For Some Reason.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together Expansion, Vampires Game pack, Backyard Stuff stuff pack, holiday stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Tried to elevate the surface as well as tried adding then removing floor tiles.
What happens when the bug occurs? Once I select the terrain paint the tool indicates it is working by the illuminated tool, but nothing appears on the actual terrain. Nor does the sound work for it.
What do you expect to see? Terrain paint applied to the appropriate surfaces I wish to paint.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Below is a Screen shot of me trying to use the terrain paint.

Message 42 of 58 (1,032 Views)

Re: Terrain Paint Not Working For Some Reason.

Hero

Hi @SilverStardust24 

there's currently an issue if you have an integrated graphcis chip.

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag so I can verify what you have ?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 58 (1,016 Views)

★★ Novice

my  Computer's DxDiag as requested. 

Message 44 of 58 (960 Views)

Hero

Hi @SilverStardust24 

yes, you do have an integrated card. I merged your post with the existing thread for that.

You can try turning off Laptop mode but this can lead to performance issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 45 of 58 (944 Views)

Re: Terrain Paint Disappearing

★★ Novice

Uninstalling an reinstalling the game did not fix it I still am not able to use the terrain paint. I can click on it and slect the paint type an tool but nothing shows up when I try to paint the terrain. 

Message 46 of 58 (929 Views)

★★ Novice

I am on a laotop so I don't believe I have a laptop mode....the only other mode my hp pavilion has is tabletablet mode .

Message 47 of 58 (925 Views)

Hero

It's a setting in the Game Options. Everyone has it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 58 (919 Views)

★★ Novice

I run the game on low quality as it is sso I should be fine. Also turning off laptop mode fixed it. Thank you for you helphelp I appreciate it.

Message 49 of 58 (916 Views)

Terrain Paint not working

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Unsure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Parenthood, Spa Day, Laundry Day, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try using terrain paint
What happens when the bug occurs? It has not worked since I got the game a few weeks ago
What do you expect to see? The area to change
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've never been able to use terrain paint. I just got the base game when it was free and I haven't been able to use terrain paint. I can put like flooring on the ground or foundation but I can't change the color of the area.

Message 50 of 58 (863 Views)