Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Tense despite Active trait and feeling Energized

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except: Discover University,Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Vampires, Moshino stuff, First Pet stuff, Toddler stuff, Fitness stuff, Bowling stuff, Vintage Glamour stuff and Kids Room stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a sim, give them the Active trait and move them in somewhere. Then click on your sim and select go jogging.
What happens when the bug occurs? First the get really fatigued even though they're supposed to be Active and the negative moodlet doesn't go away for hours. And right as you're about to start jogging, my sim gets tense for lack of exercise, even though it's been like 15 in game minutes. They get this moodlet even if it's the second time they exercise in the same day. This happens even if my sim is Energized.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sims to not get fatigued so easily and not get tense every time they start exercising.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This happened all of a sudden without any real cause.

I also never get the Good Workout moodlet anymore

Message 1 of 37 (5,160 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Tense despite Active trait and feeling Energized

Hero

Active Sims will no longer get a Tense moodlet for lack of exercise when finishing exercising. Do you even push up bro?

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 37 of 37 (3,638 Views)

All Replies

Re: Fatigued from exercise and Tense all the time

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ViciousMegZ Could you edit your post to make this about the tense all the time for active Sims only.

The other issue seems to be the case for all Sims and has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Disappearing-good-workout-buff-while-jogging/td-p/...

There's also this older issue that could also be related: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Fatigue-Debuff-doesn-t-go-away-for-Low-Fitness/t...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 37 (5,094 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I think it's edited correctly now... If not then just let me know

Happy Holidays
Message 3 of 37 (5,073 Views)

Hero
@ViciousMegZ Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 37 (5,053 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Tense despite Active trait and feeling Energized

★★★★★ Guide

This is happening for some of my sims with active traits too. The tense buff disappeared when she did some exercise as it should do, but then it immediately appeared again.

Message 5 of 37 (4,977 Views)

'Not enough exercise' moodlet triggers with activity, solved by laziness

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Spa Day, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim workout at home or at the gym (happens whether the Sim is using workout equipment, or does physical activity on their own). Also, have a sim watch TV or sleep while the moodlet is active.
What happens when the bug occurs? Physical activity causes the moodlet to appear. Working out does not solve the moodlet. When the moodlet is active, sleeping or watching TV will make the timer decrease quickly (2 down arrows on the moodlet).
What do you expect to see? The moodlet should not appear when a sim starts physical activity. Working out should solve the moodlet. Watching TV and sleeping should not solve the moodlet.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I noticed the problem after installing the Dec 12th patch.

The 'not enough exercise' moodlet seems to be working a bit backwards in my game. My sim has the active trait and will get the 'not enough exercise' moodlet the instant she does some sort of physical activity. This happens with all exercise equipment in all locations, and whenever the sim does activities like jogging, stretching, push-ups, and sit-ups. Working out does not solve the moodlet. I even tried letting my sim work out for a long time and ended up with both the 'not enough exercise' moodlet and the 'sore muscles' moodlet from working out too much (see attached image). The only things I know for certain will solve the moodlet are sending the sim to sleep or letting the sim watch TV (see other attached image). Using the yoga mat seems to be the only activity for which the moodlet behaves as expected (yoga does not trigger the moodlet / it actually solves the moodlet). 

Message 6 of 37 (4,975 Views)

Re: 'Not enough exercise' moodlet triggers with activity, solved by laziness

Hero
@Ar5ynal Merging this with another thread on the issue.

Interesting observation with it being backwards.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 37 (4,951 Views)

Re: 'Not enough exercise' moodlet triggers with activity, solved by laziness

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I've seen this before with active sims in my legacy but didn't look too much into it. I just created a new sim with the active trait, told them to go do push ups, and as soon as they started the Tense moodlet appeared. It does seem like something was reversed.

Quick Edit: I did a couple more exercises until the moodlet went away, then queued up two more exercises. As soon as the second one started the moodlet came back.

Message 8 of 37 (4,790 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've noticed this as well, not just for Active, but also if they have the Romantic trait.

My Sim has the active trait, also maxed out on skills for wellness and fitness. I had him exercise in the morning before class around 8am. By noon, it was warm out and I had him take a swim. The moodlet reappears that he's tense +1 because he hasn't had enough exercise after he gets in the pool. The moodlet sometimes goes down while swimming, but normally will wait until he's done until it goes away again.  3 hours and he's tense. Crazy.

Same is happening to his fiance, they live on campus. She has the romantic trait and is constantly feeling lovelorn, even though they talk and interact ALL THE TIME. They spent a Sunday night together on a date, woke up and she was already lovelorn.

I used a few mods, but deleted them - they are not the issue. I want to say this is after I installed University (I have all packs).

Message 9 of 37 (4,664 Views)

Hero
@born2btxgrl Best to make a new thread for the lovelorn.

There's this known issue but that's for the moodlet if you don't have the trait: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Lovelorn-Moodlet-without-romantic-trait/td-p/799...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 37 (4,634 Views)