Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[OPEN] TV interrupts several interactions

by realnursegirl

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Yet Another AI Bug

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I will, but this is annoying, and other posts will relate what I've seen : Pretty much any action will cause the sims to watch TV ( cooking, gardening, mixology, so on ), but only when autonomous and the TV does not need to be in the same room, as my post shows, my kid was drawing outside the house.
Message 41 of 48 (398 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Yet Another AI Bug

Hero
@Vatzfu I don't need a thread for each interaction TV interrupts. That's what this thread is for.

But if you have other interactions that interrupt something (like basketball for example) is best to make a new thread (unless covered by the other ones I linked).

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 48 (394 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] Sims stop reading books to watch TV

★★★★★ Novice

I am having very similar issue. I get a Sim going with Practice Making Drinks or to cook something and they stop suddenly to go watch TV. I have to go into build mode and put the TV in inventory so they can finish their task.

Message 43 of 48 (353 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] Sims stop reading books to watch TV

Hero
@CastleCatt Moved your post over to the TV thread.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 48 (326 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] TV interrupts several interactions

★★ Novice
@realnursegirl I have been having this issue. It seems to happen in both of my saves. (I have two) From what I have gathered, this only occurs when there is a tv in the same room as the kitchen? It is incredibly frustrating. I have also noticed that my sim will want to watch the current channel, when the tv is off. They also cannot eat their meal when a tv is near by, they always get up and turn it on.
Message 45 of 48 (251 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
@BeckyDonadon same here, but it doesn't seem to matter where the TV is
Message 46 of 48 (213 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Similar issue, but with Dancing. No matter their Fun Need, Sims will stop doing what they're doing to go and dance, and I feel both bugs might stem from the same thing. I'm usually all for they can dance if they want to, but they're leaving their toddler's behind.

Message 47 of 48 (187 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@MeltingPenguins Could you please make a new thread for dancing ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 48 (166 Views)