by realnursegirl

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] TV interrupts several interactions

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansion packs except University and Pets - all game packs except Magic - stuff packs: Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour, Movie Hangout, Spooky, and Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a Sim fix a meal with a TV nearby
What happens when the bug occurs? the Sim will stop cooking, even when hungry, to go watch TV - it just pops up in the queue and replaces the cook command
What do you expect to see? finish the task set
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. after installation of Movie Hangout

since the installation of Movie Hangout, my Sims are obsessed with their TVs - they obsessively watch it - they will quit cooking their meal, even when they're hungry, and go watch TV, repeatedly, during the same meal, even after receiving the "resume cooking" command - I am seriously thinking out uninstalling the Movie Hangout

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 53 (7,816 Views)

Re: sim goes to watch tv while cooking even when hungry

★★★★★ Guide
@realnursegirl : What level are your Sims' Fun needs when it happens?
Message 2 of 53 (7,761 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@realnursegirl Will TV only interrupt cooking or any other interaction ?

Is the TV on or off when they decided to watch TV ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 53 (7,739 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't have movie hangout but have the same issue with my sim. When I make my sim cook, she randomly stops and start watching tv, even if her hunger need is low and the fun is high she just interrupts the action and go watch tv. The Tv the is always off. When I tell my sim to resume cooking, she goes back, stat the action and after few seconds the same thing again, she just quits and go to watch tv. Very annoying.

Message 4 of 53 (7,722 Views)

Hero
@Yanitsaa Does it happen to several Sims or just one ?

If it's just one, what traits do they have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 53 (7,720 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict So I have the following packs and expansions if the info is further needed: Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Laundry Day, Romantic Garden, Cool Kitchen Stuff and both free packs.

I am currently playing with 2 sims in a household and noticed that issue on one of them only (haven't tested on the 2nd sim). My sim is level 8 cooking skill and has the following traits: creative, romantic, loves outdoors, irresponsible, marketable, waterproof, domestic. The issue is not 100% all the time but 2/5 times it will happen. The kitchen counter and the tv are in the same room if it matters.
Message 6 of 53 (7,714 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have recently started to see this issue in my game. I do not have Movie Hangout either so it does not seem to be related to that pack. I went through every single household on every single save I have this morning to see if this is universal, and it isn't. The only household for me that this is happening in is my 100 baby household. I first noticed it on one of the teens. She aged up with the foodie trait so I decided to have her cook for her skill and saw that I had to continually resume cooking. After that I noticed that my matriarch does the same thing. Even when fun is high. TV is always off when it occurs. Only the TV interrupts the cooking action. The kitchen and TV are not in the same room and I believe there is an actual door between them. If I'm quick enough on the cancel I can keep it from dropping down and she continues to cook normally but sometimes it just appears and drops down before I have a chance to react. In pretty much all my games, I always fix garden salads to prevent weight gain and it might be isolated to that food or perhaps cutting board food in general. Grand meals and cakes are the only other things I make, and they do not appear to have the same issue, so far. I think when I get back on it next I'll experiment with different foods and see what happens.

Message 7 of 53 (7,668 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim goes to watch tv while cooking even when hungry

★★★ Guide

I have this same issue. I send my sim to cook dinner, his fun level is full but every few second he ques up watch tv or watch a movie. If the recipe involves the baking in the stove he will stay focused on the oven. but the pre-cooking parts he cant stay focused on cooking. So it's just getting through him mixing ingredient and using the cutting board or using the stovetop that seems to be an issue, for me.

Message 8 of 53 (7,644 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT] TV interrupts Drawing for Kids

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion packs, all Game packs, Stuff packs: Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry day, Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a kid playing or drawing on the same room with TV.
What happens when the bug occurs? The kid seems obsessed with tv and tries continuously switch his activities into watching tv (I've noticed at least playing with toys and drawing cause this).
What do you expect to see? Kid doing what I told them to do, without him queuing "watch TV" and cancelling his assigned task time after time
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So, I've noticed that if I have a drawing table for kids in the same room as I have TV, the kid will keep trying to cancel his drawing and switch into watching TV. Same happened when I had a TV in his bedroom and he started playing with toys. Haven't seen this happen ever before, so I'm not sure if this has something to do with the new patch or DU expansion.

Message 9 of 53 (7,583 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict The TV is always off when I've seen this happen, and my Sim's fun bar is close to full. I've only seen this in my Sim's home, where the wall-mounted TV is in relatively close proximity to the stove. He only loses interest in cooking before the progress circle shows up. The problem is intermittent and I haven't yet figured out the common thread between occurences. It may be related to another problem I've had (I'm searching to see if there are related reports) in which presumably-hungry NPC Sims randomly lose interest in eating after putting a serving on a table.
Message 10 of 53 (7,570 Views)