Re: Yet Another AI Bug

by Vatzfu

Original Post

Highlighted

★ Guide
@crinrict I will, but this is annoying, and other posts will relate what I've seen : Pretty much any action will cause the sims to watch TV ( cooking, gardening, mixology, so on ), but only when autonomous and the TV does not need to be in the same room, as my post shows, my kid was drawing outside the house.
Message 41 of 53 (1,234 Views)

Hero
@Vatzfu I don't need a thread for each interaction TV interrupts. That's what this thread is for.

But if you have other interactions that interrupt something (like basketball for example) is best to make a new thread (unless covered by the other ones I linked).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 53 (1,230 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims stop reading books to watch TV

★★★ Apprentice

I am having very similar issue. I get a Sim going with Practice Making Drinks or to cook something and they stop suddenly to go watch TV. I have to go into build mode and put the TV in inventory so they can finish their task.

Message 43 of 53 (1,189 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims stop reading books to watch TV

Hero
@CastleCatt Moved your post over to the TV thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 53 (1,162 Views)

Re: [OPEN] TV interrupts several interactions

★★★★★ Novice
@realnursegirl I have been having this issue. It seems to happen in both of my saves. (I have two) From what I have gathered, this only occurs when there is a tv in the same room as the kitchen? It is incredibly frustrating. I have also noticed that my sim will want to watch the current channel, when the tv is off. They also cannot eat their meal when a tv is near by, they always get up and turn it on.
Message 45 of 53 (1,087 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@BeckyDonadon same here, but it doesn't seem to matter where the TV is
Message 46 of 53 (1,049 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Similar issue, but with Dancing. No matter their Fun Need, Sims will stop doing what they're doing to go and dance, and I feel both bugs might stem from the same thing. I'm usually all for they can dance if they want to, but they're leaving their toddler's behind.

Message 47 of 53 (1,023 Views)

Hero
@MeltingPenguins Could you please make a new thread for dancing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 53 (1,002 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi folks,

So after thinking about this, it looks like it's a bugged attempt of developers to make a synergy of cooking+watching tv. The idea is that, like in real life, you should be able to watch tv while cooking. The bug, obviously, is handling of distances and view access to the TV.

So there are a few solutions possible for players:

1. Put the TV farther away from the kitchen.

2. Put another TV right at where you cook like I did here:

Hope it helps.

Message 49 of 53 (826 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

If anyone is still experiencing this issue, could you possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 50 of 53 (682 Views)