by Zack4358

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] TV interrupts several interactions

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm also having this issue with the robotics station

Message 31 of 53 (1,347 Views)

★ Guide

I have this issue at my restaurant: The guests interrupt their meal to go watching TV. Some of them stay several hours in the restaurant, the food is served and the guests do not come to their table to eat.

Message 32 of 53 (1,323 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue as well. Sim drops cooking , even leaves the pan on the stove, to go watch tv. She sometimes watches while prepping ( it's a tiny home) but most of the time she just stops and goes to watch. She also stops eating to watch, or sometimes she sits on the table to eat then gets up picks up her plate , sits on the sofa eats a bit while watching and then gets up again leaves her plate half emty somewhere and goes back watching tv. The Tv is off and in the same room. 

Also i have no idea if it is related , but it looks like it is , she also has issues with reading skill books as she'll just stop reading after a bit to grab another book from the book case. She sometimes stops eating to read as well. Bookcase is again in the same room. 

When she is outside on her Yoga mat , she will stop and go to the punching bag ( they are both outside) but i'm not 100% sure if she drops it midway or finishes first , i'll need to test that further.

The only workaround i found so far is to queue more actions after cooking,eating , practicing yoga, or reading skill books. If anything else is queued she'll finish the task . or keep doing it until i cancel it 

Got All Packs , happens with and without CC . Noticed after installing tiny living though i haven't played much since DU 

Message 33 of 53 (1,275 Views)

Re: Sim Constantly Leaving to Watch TV During Practice Making Drinks Action

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@phantomofhummusI have exactly same issue as yours. My sim was making simsmapolitan drink on bar, then suddenly he stops and goes to watch tv although his fun bar is fully filled. I better store the tv in family inventory while my sim is practicing skills.

Message 34 of 53 (1,178 Views)

★ Guide

I can confirm that I have this issue too.

I have a home gym in one of my houses with a tv perpendicular to two treadmills. If you tell sims to run on the treadmill closest to the tv, they automatically stop after a while and go watch tv. This issue does not happen with the second treadmill which is further away from the tv.

Message 35 of 53 (1,149 Views)

★★ Novice

I am definitely having the same issue.

The thing is, because I use tiny living space, I can't help but put my TV on the wall, next to my stove.

Every time my sim cooks anything, it will stop midway and sit down on sofa and watch TV... 

Of course I can just remove the TV but I am hoping this can be fixed so we can have nice experience especially with tiny living pack.

Message 36 of 53 (1,088 Views)

★ Guide

Also had this issue with the kids' drawing table. Had to delete the TV from that room.

Message 37 of 53 (1,060 Views)

★ Guide
My sims is using treadmill but TV keep interupt the action. The sims run for maybe 10 seconds then come the TV action canceling his workout. The only way I fix this is by clicking on treadmill and select Workout action twice. This does prevent the TV interupt him. Anyway, this is a bug and should get fixed.
Message 38 of 53 (943 Views)

Yet Another AI Bug

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? NONE
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game normally, then under certain circunstance, when you tell your sim to do something, like paint or something, he will begin to do it, then abandon the task and do something else. If you cancel the action he is trying to do and direct him to the correct task, he will once more cancel it and refuse to obey your desire ( happens with the option to give autonomy to your sims)
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims will not do what he is told, despite having good mood and no urgent matters, like bladder, sleep or hunger, they just cancel their orders and do what they feel like it, making it impossible to complete specific challenges and objectives.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sims to fulfill the commands I give them, and stay true to it unless they need to bathe, eat or sleep.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I made a little video on this issue 

This happens with any sim you choose to play, despite having good mood, they will ignore your commands and do as they please, making it impossible to complete certain objectives. In this case, I'm trying to build my sim's Mental Aspiration, I need her to draw 2 pictures while inspired, but they will not count since she just stops drawing and wants to watch TV. Her FUN bar is full, so I can't imagine why she needs this, and as soon as I cancel the commands and tell her to keep drawing, she will once again cancel the order and go for the TV. This has happened since I began playing this game and is yet another issue with the game's AI. I gave them Autonomy, so my best guess is that it has something to do with this behaviour.

Message 39 of 53 (921 Views)

Re: Yet Another AI Bug

Hero
@Vatzfu Merged your post with the TV thread.

If you have other actions interrupting, it's best to be very specific what interactions interrupt.

Here's other threads on actions interrupting others

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Practice-typing-interrupted-by-drawing/td-p/6955143/
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-CD-Pets-distracting-from-robotics-station/td-p/...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Sims-cancel-interactions-to-play-dolls/td-p/6626405/
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CL-Console-cancels-other-interactions/m-p/8521083

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 53 (871 Views)