Re: Sim Constantly Leaving to Watch TV During Practice Making Drinks Action

by phantomofhummus

Original Post

Re: Sims won’t finishing cooking meals?

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict the TV was not in the same room for the sim that was having this issue for me, although it was in the next room. The kitchen was completely walled all the way around with a door to go through to get to it. The family has recently moved house and the closest TV to the kitchen is on a different floor. So far I have not seen this happen in the new house.

Message 21 of 53 (1,446 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:
@phantomofhummusMerging this with the other thread on TV interrupting stuff.

To be sure: Is the TV in the same room ?

Nope, the TV is in the living room and the bar is in the backyard, not even in the house. 😔

Message 22 of 53 (1,421 Views)

Hero
@phantomofhummus Adjusting the title then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 53 (1,408 Views)

Re: [OPEN] TV interrupts several interactions

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I'm seeing this on PS4 with the robotics station. The TV is right next to the station but the sim working at the robotics station will just cancel the action at the station to go watch the TV.

Edit: After I sold the TVs then it was the basketball court interrupting the robotics station action.

Message 24 of 53 (1,374 Views)

Re: [PLEASE READ] Information/Questions about the bug forum

★★★ Newbie

So I just recently ran into a problem where my sim won’t do anything but watch tv. He cancels any action I try to do. Anything you can do to help?

Message 25 of 53 (1,367 Views)

Re: [PLEASE READ] Information/Questions about the bug forum

Hero
@Littlehulk20 I merged your post over to the bug report on this.

Guess other than moving the TV to a separate room, there's not much you can do.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 53 (1,346 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having exactly the same problem! It's super frustrating because my sim will cancel so many different actions, especially skill building actions, to watch the stupid TV. She will stop cooking, practising mixing drinks, and even painting. No matter how many times I tell her to go back to the task I want her to be doing, she quits moments later and goes back to the TV. I have tried moving the TV to a different room, or getting a different type of TV and it has not solved the problem. I have some light CC (CAS items) and I have tried running without any CC, and still the issue persists. I did not have this issue before installing DU.

Message 27 of 53 (1,302 Views)

★★★ Novice

Having an issue with this as well. My sims would be cooking then suddenly stop to watch tv. This is a tiny home. The sim would be able to watch tv while prepping, which is fine and they sim does this without issue. The sim would turn around to cook and turn the tv off. Other times the sim just stops cooking half way through and turns around to watch tv.

Message 28 of 53 (1,232 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue too, always while cooking. Super frustrating. Takes about 3-4 times of sending my sim back to resume cooking to finish a making a meal. Have had it happen on different save files, with and without tv in the same room. And they'll even stop cooking, watch the tv, stop watching the tv and proceed to do something else. Thank goodness leaving stuff on the stove doesn't set it on fire immediately XD 

Message 29 of 53 (1,167 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@PandaC8718 I know right? Super frustrating. They're hungry, the TV isn't even on, and their fun need is met. I shouldn't have to babysit my Sims THAT much lol.
Message 30 of 53 (1,104 Views)