Re: Sim Constantly Leaving to Watch TV During Practice Making Drinks Action

by phantomofhummus

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim goes to watch tv while cooking even when hungry

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have a similar problem, I didn't know if I should start a new thread so I added it here yo start with. This problem only occurred to me after Discover University. And it's not just cooking, it is any interaction, but especially in the following situations: 

- when working on the robotics table

- when kids are using crafts tables

- when any sim is playing games on computers

They cancel out of the interaction and goes to turn on the tv. I had need decay off so full needs when doing these interactions and they only show up when the tv is in the same room. The TV is usually always off, I'm not entirely sure if it happens when the TV is on as well.

Message 11 of 53 (2,266 Views)

Hero
@Bnibuilds I was going to leave each issue seperate but it seems to be a general issue.

I merged another thread in here and changed the title so you're good.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 53 (2,254 Views)

Sim Constantly Leaving to Watch TV During Practice Making Drinks Action

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Discover University
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Purchase the VAULT Pro-Level Bar. Assign sim to practice making drinks.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will begin practicing making drinks for a few seconds before the "watch tv" action pops up and cancels it.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sim to practice making drinks without the sudden urge to watch TV canceling this action.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This only seems to happen with this specific bar. It is the cheapest base game bar available. I bought The Money Maker and the bug does not occur with that bar.

Message 13 of 53 (2,260 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

JK y'all, it's happening with that bar too.

And also when I tell the Sim to make a drink. She stops before it's done to... You guessed it! Watch TV!

Message 14 of 53 (2,241 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Okay, after doing a bit of playing around, it looks like it affects all foods, regardless of how it is prepared. I wondered if it was the TV itself so I tried several different TVs and it happens with all of them. When hovering above the queue to get ready to cancel the action, the action that pops up is always "Watch Current Channel" despite the TV not being on. However, if other sims are watching TV while the food is being prepared, the sim does cook to completion and does not stop to watch TV. I also tried resetting the fridge and the TV with no luck. I did not try resetting the stove because the only thing I cook from the stove are cakes and grand meals, which initially did not appear to have the same problem. I did previously try to repair my game to see if it would fix the problem but it didn't. I will say that I did not try all meals or all TVs but I tried many meals that were prepared in a variety of ways (cutting board, pan on stove, pot on stove), and I tried different types of TVs (mounted and non-mounted) which all yielded the same result when the TV was not on. Again, only one household in all of my saves is affected by this glitch. I would estimate that throughout all my saves I have about 20 households.

Message 15 of 53 (2,235 Views)

Hero
@phantomofhummus Merging this with the other thread on TV interrupting stuff.

To be sure: Is the TV in the same room ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 53 (2,216 Views)

Sims won’t finishing cooking meals?

★★ Novice

I’m not sure if this is a bug or not but it started happening after the update in November 2019. I’ll get my sim to cook a meal and she will start chopping on the counter and then stop to go watch tv, I’ll cancel watching tv and get her to return to cooking and she’ll start cooking again and stop, it happens like 3 to 4 times while preparing one meal whether it’s counter chopping food or cooking directly on the stove and it happens with every type of meal she prepares. I’ve reloaded the save, used testing cheats to debug her and all objects associated with cooking and I’ve also repaired the game, I’m not sure what else to do to fix this issue but it’s really annoying. Has anyone else had this issue? There is nothing on the counters or above the counters to prevent her from completing the task, and it’s always the TV she stops cooking to go interact with. I’ve debugged the tv as well but I don’t want to delete the TV because who doesn’t want a TV? LOL. Someone please help!! Thanks. 

Message 17 of 53 (2,168 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] TV in the same room interrupts several interactions

★ Apprentice

So I had this problem too where my sims would stop cooking to go watch TV. I realised that even though they had 2 TVs in the house they always went to watch the same one. So I deleted the one they kept watching and it seems to have completely fixed the problem. Maybe it's something to do with the type of TV? 

Message 18 of 53 (2,171 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] TV in the same room interrupts several interactions

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm having the same issue. I have the TV that came with Get to Work and everytime my Sim is cooking, if she  wants to watch TV, she stops doing that and watches TV.  

Message 19 of 53 (2,162 Views)

Re: Sims won’t finishing cooking meals?

Hero
@P1nkS1mmer91 Seems this issue occurs if the TV is in the same room. Maybe you have another place to put it ?

I merged your post with the current bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 53 (2,136 Views)