Re: [OPEN] [TUTORIAL] Unable to complete tutorial because of locked actions

by cowntessa

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [TUTORIAL] Unable to complete tutorial because of locked actio

★★ Novice

I can't believe something in the TUTORIAL still hasn't been fixed two years later. I was trying to give this game a fair chance. This is why most (including me) still prefer TS3. Highly dissapointing, to say the least.

Message 11 of 38 (1,836 Views)

Re: Unable to progress in new tutorial due to grayed out selections

★★★★★ Newbie

Just out of curiosity, as you could see the issue, are you able to share the solution please? I've just started playing this and come across the same issue. Does waiting a sim week work or are we destined to be stuck for longer?

Message 12 of 38 (1,748 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@RWForder - I have had luck by recovering an earlier state of the game. Save and exit the tutorial; in the Load Game menu, click the Tutorial game save icon. Click the "Recover Save" button in the bottom right, next to the "play" button. This should give you a choice of backup saves. Choose one & continue from that point, being as careful as you can to not complete any steps until you're prompted to do so.

Message 13 of 38 (1,703 Views)

★ Novice

This is still not fixed. Just started a new game days ago, Athletics aspiration.

Message 14 of 38 (1,574 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I started playing yesterday and had this issue. I thought it was me being dumb and subsequently played over 2 hours and can’t now refund the game! If you can’t even play through a tutorial what’s the point in owning the rest of the game! 

Message 15 of 38 (1,549 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, this problem is still not fixed. I'm having the same issue and waited over a week in tutorial time and I'm still locked out of fishing, taking a vacation day, and visiting a community lot. 

This is frustrating and disheartening. I would like to play the game, please.

Message 16 of 38 (1,403 Views)

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 99% of the time
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Snowy Escape and Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the tutorial. Complete your career's Daily Task on Sunday and Monday to get promoted on Tuesday. Complete the other objectives of milestone 3 before going to work on Wednesday.
What happens when the bug occurs? The actions needed to complete milestone 4 are grayed out. The tooltip says "disabled by tutorial." This prevents you from completing the next step of the tutorial.
What do you expect to see? I expect actions to become available when they are required.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No. This has been happening for months to at least three different characters I've created and tried to run through the tutorial after disabling and re-enabling it.
Please describe the patch or change you made.nonedisabled_by_tutorial.JPG

Message 17 of 38 (1,371 Views)

★★ Novice
@SimQARobo hi, I’m coming from 8 months in the future, December 2020... and the bug hasn’t been fixed; I just updated the game to its latest version and sí cannot use the phone to take the sim on vacations... ethereal tutorial then.
Message 18 of 38 (1,340 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @eescobar90 

I've heard this is still on the list of things for the team to look into.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 19 of 38 (1,319 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice
@Sketch793 still having this problem. started a new game after a brand new clean install. stuck on 'look at the lightbulb' and it just won't go past it.
Message 20 of 38 (1,137 Views)