Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] [TUTORIAL] Unable to complete tutorial because of locked actions

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW, GT, CL, CD, Seasons, GF, IL, DU. OR, SD, DO, V, PH, JA, SV, RM. PP, CK, Spooky, MH, RG, KR, VG, BN, Fitness, Toddler, LD, Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the tutorial. Complete your career's Daily Task on Sunday and Monday to get promoted on Tuesday. Complete the other objectives of milestone 3 before going to work on Wednesday.
What happens when the bug occurs? The actions needed to complete milestone 4 are grayed out. The tooltip says "disabled by tutorial." This prevents you from completing the next step of the tutorial.
What do you expect to see? I expect actions to become available when they are required.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed the patch for Nov 13, 2018, which included the new tutorial.

I previously reported this problem on Nov 16, 2018. It was originally reported by @luftsaob on Nov 15, 2018. @crinrict asked me to start a new thread. The original report has been erroneously marked as fixed. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Unable-to-Progress-in-new-tutorial-due-to-greyed-out/td-...

The problem occurs when you complete milestone 3 of the tutorial before reaching the step that says, "You now have Free Play time until you complete all of your Sim's Aspiration goals. Check your progress in the Aspirations panel. And remember to take care of their needs, but most importantly...have fun!"

At this point in the tutorial, the phone is still disabled, travel is not permitted, and fishing is still disabled. These things will only unlock after the tutorial progresses, which only happens after you have completed "all of your Aspiration goals." However, it isn't possible to complete all the goals of milestone 4 until these things have been unlocked because milestone 4 requires you to take a vacation day (requires the phone), visit a community lot (requires the phone and travel), and fish for one hour (requires fishing).

Attn: @SimQARobo @SimGuruNick 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 38 (6,005 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to progress in new tutorial due to grayed out selections

Hero

Going to archive this thread as the tutorial has been removed for now as per this post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/By-Design-Tutorial-not-available-No-option-to-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 38 of 38 (1,532 Views)

All Replies

EA Sims Team

@Sketch793 

I see.  We'll look into it.  Apologies for the inconvenience.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 38 (5,951 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I don't understand why this has been marked as [NEEDS INPUT]. This is not a new problem. The problem was first reported in Nov 2018. It already has a year and a half of input including 195 Me Too's. I think that should be plenty of input.

The problem originally reported by @luftsaob was:

I am trying to complete the aspirations but the tutorial will not allow it. The phone icon is greyed out and when I hover over it it says "Disabled by tutorial". Without it I can't take a vacation day or travel to a community venue which I need to do for the aspiration. And when I try to go fishing by clicking on the fishing post the option is also greyed out and hovering over it all it says it "Disabled by tutorial". I can't do anything to complete my aspirations and progress now.

This exactly matches the problem I reported here. The phone icon is greyed out and says, "disabled by tutorial." The fishing signs are also greyed out and say, "disabled by tutorial." This prevents my Sim from completing the needed tasks to finish the aspiration, namely to take a vacation day, visit a community lot, and fish for an hour. It's exactly the same problem that @luftsaob and I reported a year and a half ago. The original thread should not be locked and it should not be marked as fixed.

Message 3 of 38 (5,851 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Has there been any fix to this as yet??

Message 4 of 38 (5,763 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

No, there hasn't been a fix yet. That's why I reported it as unfixed after the latest patch (Apr 7, 2020).

Message 5 of 38 (5,718 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello @Sketch793 @yellaman10 

Would you be willing to share your affected save files with this issue?  If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file(s). 

Instructions here: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

EDIT: Never mind.  We can see the issue.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 38 (5,650 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue. Just bought the game last week and am unable to move through my tutorial achievements. How can I resolve? 

Message 7 of 38 (5,541 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @nbowlin7 

So if you wait maybe a Sim-week or so (6 or 7 Sim-days), the locked interactions may become available.

Message 8 of 38 (5,503 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Really? I haven't had the patience to keep playing that long. Two or three sim-days was about as long as I ever went past the blocked point.

Message 9 of 38 (5,467 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [TUTORIAL] Unable to complete tutorial because of locked actio

★★ Novice

I'm disheartened with the current state of the tutorial. It's the end of June now, and I'm having the exact same problem. I hope we'll see a permanent fix for this one day.

Just wanted to voice in..

Message 10 of 38 (5,023 Views)