No option to watch the season premier or the New Year's Countdown in Tiny Living

by hallucinoJEN2000

Original Post

Re: Tiny living TV sets have no option to view Season premieres.

★★ Guide

except this isn't a channel, it's a unique seasonal action on a few holidays.  

Message 11 of 57 (5,154 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [TLSP] [S] No season premiere on TV/Stereo combinations

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Sims also couldn't watch New Years Eve Countdown on the bigger all in one TV cabinet from Tiny Living (not the little one that fits on the wall). I changed the tv out for another one and didnt think to check if other things were missing. 

Yes the New Years Countdown is missing from the Tiny Living TV's Disappointed 

[Admin - merged multiple posts together]

Message 12 of 57 (5,139 Views)

No option to watch the season premier or the New Year's Countdown in Tiny Living

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of the expansions and stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Whenever there is a holiday where the sims has to watch a TV show, like the Season Premier or watching the New Year's countdown, it doesn't show the TV episode when the sims try to watch the shows on the new Tiny Living TV consoles that have the bookshelf, stereo, TV combo. My servo upgraded all the Tiny Living TVs to the maximum. Not sure if that makes a difference in the bug.
What happens when the bug occurs? I click on the TV to watch the specific episode the holiday requires you to watch (i.e., the Season Premier of a TV show or the New Year's Eve countdown) and there is no option to watch that episode. The only options are the regular channels.
What do you expect to see? I want to be able to complete the holiday at my Sims Tiny home instead of having to go out to watch the specific TV show.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

These are the only two options I get when I try to watch the New Year's Eve count down. 

01-23-20_3-33-29 PM.png01-23-20_3-33-52 PM.png

Message 13 of 57 (5,162 Views)

Re: No option to watch the season premier or the New Year's Countdown in Tiny Li

★★★★ Novice

Bump

Message 14 of 57 (5,112 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [TLSP] [S] No season premiere/Countdown on TV/Stereo combinations

★★ Novice
@Anonymous I'm also having the issue with "Watch TV Season Premiere" not coming up on the pie menu for the wall-mounted TV combo from Tiny Living. The "Countdown to Midnight" on New Year's Eve is absent as well. Someone suggested it is because the TV is low quality and lacks all the channel choices, but I put in a cheap side table and the very cheapest TV for the Premiere day, and the option was available on it.
Message 15 of 57 (5,094 Views)

Re: No option to watch the season premier or the New Year's Countdown in Tiny Li

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@hallucinoJEN2000I’m also having this issue and couldn’t find anything about this til I checked here! So glad I’m not the only one! And bummer to see it’s New Years count down too Frown I just did a test to see if it’s just the TV/bookshelf/stereo combos and not all TVs in a tiny residential, and it looks like it’s JUST the tiny living Combo ones that aren’t working so that’s a plus (but not really lol)! I just installed the mini wall tv from get to work for now so let’s hope this gets fixed soon (doubt it haha).

also to make note, my human sim upgraded the tv combo set (with everything except for better components since there was no need since I upgraded with unbreakable). 

Message 16 of 57 (5,103 Views)

Hero
@hallucinoJEN2000 Merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Make sure to click me too on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 57 (5,059 Views)

★ Guide

Both of the tiny living TV-Stereo-Bookcase combos have none of the options from the Seasons EP - not the holiday specific options, nor the weather channel.

The Base Game, Get to Work, City Living, Get Famous, & Movie Hangout TVs are fine & all have the options they should - it's only the TLSP ones that are missing the options.

(My game is patched to current, has no mods/cc, & has all packs)

Message 18 of 57 (5,032 Views)

Re: Tiny living TV sets have no option to view Season premieres.

★★★★ Novice

My Servo has his handy skill maxed out and upgraded the TL TV set to the max. It doesn't have the option to watch the season premier or the New Year's Eve countdown. 

Message 19 of 57 (4,995 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Spanish
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number?  1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moschino, Spooky and Get Famous.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? None, never

I have attached two screenshots.

"tinyliving.png" shows the options displayed on the TV from Tiny Living SP. In all that options and in "More options..." there is none to see the special TV show from the event. 

"expected.jpg" shows the options displayed on a normal TV and there it is the option to see "Game of flames" (in Spanish).

Message 20 of 57 (4,943 Views)