[OPEN] Style Influencer: Skill level not Properly recognized

by Sunflower7391

Original Post

Re: styler influencer charisma

★★★ Expert
@prettycaramel37 Others have reported having this same issue. Please check this bug report for possible workarounds.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Style-Influencer-Skill-level-not-Properly-recogniz...
Message 11 of 94 (4,009 Views)

Hero
@prettycaramel37 I merged your post with the bug report on this. Please click me too on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 94 (3,997 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yes I have the same problem mine went all the way up to level eight and it still wouldn’t register. It still said I was at level five
Message 13 of 94 (3,984 Views)

★★ Novice

it turns out it is just a visual bug, I still end up promoting even if its not registering the charisma!

Message 14 of 94 (3,969 Views)

Skills aren’t progressing

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do the fashion career and try leveling up your skills. I’m stuck on the photography skill and it isn’t registering
What happens when the bug occurs? You can’t get a promotion or advance in the career
What do you expect to see? Be able to progress in the career/game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

None

Message 15 of 94 (3,969 Views)

Re: Skills aren’t progressing

Hero
@purplebees0 Is the photography skill the only skill you're having issues with ? Is it only when taking photos that it doesn't progress or also if you read a skill book ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 94 (3,934 Views)

Career, aspirations, and skill level up issues

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? the free holiday celebration 2019
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not sure. None of my sims' skills, careers, or aspirations will level up
What happens when the bug occurs? my sims are practicing at their skills like photography and has leveled up (using the cell phone not the camera) but it won't check off in careers. My sim practices mixology but the skill won't increase at all. I also have a sim that is suppose to update social media status but there is no option to do so.
What do you expect to see? Sims should gain experience as well as have it checked off when it is achieved
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I did try cheat codes to see if by leveling up photography that way it will be checked off in career daily goals but it didn't. I also chose to not allow my sims to age up. 

Message 17 of 94 (4,008 Views)

Re: Career, aspirations, and skill level up issues

[ Edited ]
Hero

@joyciem80 Which careers specifically do you have issues with ? Sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-GF-Career-Progress-Blocked-Game-does-not-recognize-ski...

For social media, do you have enough charisma skill ?

What issues do you have with aspirations and which one ?

EDIT: Gave wrong link. Merged now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 94 (3,994 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I too Have problems with my career and skill level up. 

My sims is now level 6 stylist. and he need level 3 photography. 

He used phone camera and normal camera to level up to 4 

But the job does not check off the box which keeps me from leveling the job. 

I tried to debug the character, didnt work. I tried t quit the job and start over, but didn't work.

Message 19 of 94 (3,978 Views)

★★★ Novice

this is exactly my issue!!!! My sim is also a stylist! A dedicated dresser to be exact and i need level 3 photography as well and i got to level 4 and still nothing

Message 20 of 94 (3,945 Views)