Re: Style Influencer Career: No Promotion after level 6

by Mungrul

Original Post

★ Novice

I have had continuous issues with the Style Influencer Career as well as the acting career.

First my Actress wasn't going to gigs, the notification wasn't even popping up, and the time will come for her to go and she just wouldn't go. It's sad that there isn't an option to "go to gig" like there is for "go to work" in the career panel. Apparently the fix to this is not to travel after auditioning up until the sim is finished with the gig. No traveling, no reloading or exiting the game. So annoying. 

Then my Style Influencer's work from home tasks were giving me trouble. It told me to check in at a park or a gym, but doesn't tell you how to check in. I've tried multiple forums, websites, youtube tutorials, but to no avail. She failed the Work from home task and wasn't paid for the day, the job performance went down.

I've tried interviewing sims, discussing outfits and fashion, even asking them to model at multiple gyms and parks. There aren't any options to "check in" on the phone. I've spoken to multiple sims at multiple locations. I even tried going back home and using the computer to see if there are any options to check in or report a check in. Nothing worked.

Now my Style Influencer's photography skill isn't going up on the career panel even though it went up in the skill panel.

I have custom content but it seems like this is affecting people regardless if they have CC or not. It's upsetting that I cannot play the game the way its meant to be played without all these bugs and glitches.

I hope EA is taking these issues seriously and is doing their best to resolve them.

Message 81 of 94 (1,144 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It sounds like I'm experiencing the same issue others are having. Here's my nitty gritty:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Windows
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Oddly, it only seems to affect one sim.
What is your current game version number? Sims 4 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University, Dine Out, Vampires, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Romantic Garden, Vintage Glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Reach the level of Style Influencer that requires level 6 Writing to promote.
What happens when the bug occurs? Despite my Sim having already reached level 7 writing skill, the game does not recognize her as having a high enough level writing skill to promote.
What do you expect to see? I expect the "reach level 6 writing skill" line in my sim's career promotion requirements list to show a check mark rather than its progression being stuck at 5/6.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, lots of it, it doesn't seem to interfere with my other sims' career progressions (plus I honestly don't think any mods I have add, change, or modify careers in any way whatsoever).
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I think the last time I played this sim was before the latest patch released. If I'm remembering that correctly, this means it's not the most recent patch that did it.

Message 82 of 94 (1,062 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same problem here but with the photography skill. Says my guy is still level 2 when hes now level 4. I tried the cheat to change the skill level down to 3 and even 2 then back up but neither worked. Hopefully like others are saying its just visual and he'll still get promoted? If it makes any difference, it was the last of the 4 skills to reach the promotion requirement.

Message 83 of 94 (1,064 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Wow!  This bug is already six months old and EA has done nothing - they just really don't give a crap after they have your money do they?

Message 84 of 94 (982 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just to note, I'm now seeing exactly this with the Civil Designer career in Eco Living (specifically Logic), along with the same issue with various Aspirations not recognising I'm at or above the skill level required to advance.

With the Aspirations, it's not so much of an issue as I can use Aspirations.complete_current_milestone to get past it, but I don't know the code to advance the Civil Designer career using careers.promote.

I've tried lowering the skill and advancing it through learning too (as well as setting it to the required level using stats.set_skill_level Major_Logic), but that doesn't work either.

I have no mods or CC installed at all.

Message 85 of 94 (958 Views)

Hero
@Mungrul Could please create a new thread. This is for style influencer.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 86 of 94 (944 Views)

Re: Glitch in Fashion Career

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Thanks for the suggestion, but it does not solve the charisma bug, i tried it. Frown
Message 87 of 94 (906 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My style influencer Career is having the exact same issues as you are I cannot check in no matter what career interactions I choose or what career tasks such as sketch impression or take impression.  The career is not recognizing skill advancement either so I raise a skill and the career does not acknowledge the skill increase. This career is buggy as F**K and EA needs to address it.  This stuff got fixed by Maxis... I miss Maxis.

Message 88 of 94 (874 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Style Influencer: Skill level not Properly recognized

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product:The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in?German
How often does the bug occur? 100%
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons / Cats and Dogs / Jungle Adventure / My first Pet Stuff / Parenthood / Fitness-Accessoires / Toddler-Accessoires / Backyard Stuff / Vintage Glamour / Kids Room / Movie Night / Cool Kitchen / Perfect Patio / Spa Day / Outdoor-Living / Tiny Living / Moschino / Laundry Day / Free Holiday Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join the Stylist Career, level up the charisma skill.
What happens when the bug occurs? The charisma skill only got recognized up to lvl 3 in the job tab, then it stopped and my Sim don't get promoted even though she has charisma lvl 6 (and needs 5). Setting the skill to 4 and back up to 6 as crinrict suggested has no effect.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see it go up and my Sim get appropriately promoted.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

EDIT: My Sim finally got promoted even though the progress wasn't displayed properly.

Message 89 of 94 (725 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Style Influencer: Skill level not Properly recognized

★★ Guide

I’m experiencing this as well. I’m hoping the UI Cheats mod will check it off for me. I need to be promoted!Shocked I went an extra level above the requirement, but it still didn’t update. Is the required level listed wrong?

Message 90 of 94 (653 Views)