Re: [OPEN] Style Influencer: Skill level not Properly recognized

by aodoherty

Original Post

Sim requires level 7 in writing skill for promotion but not working

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? SP07
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discovery University, 4 Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio. Holiday Celebration and Grim's Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By looking at my Sims Emily Rose's work requirements which requires level 7 in writing skills and then compare it to her skills which shows her writing level at 8
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim has to have level 7 of writing for her career. She has done so twice and is at level 8 if you look at her skills but it remains unchecked and still at level 6.
What do you expect to see? That my Sims has completed level 7 of writing on her work requirements.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My Sim, Emily Rose, is in the Fashion career. She has to reach level 7 in writing to get a promotion. She was at level 6 and during Skills Day I had her practice writing. Twice it showed she leveled up, which is verified by looking at her skill levels. She is now at level 8. However, it is not counting towards her job requirements and shows she is still at level 6.

Message 41 of 94 (7,791 Views)

Re: Sim requires level 7 in writing skill for promotion but not working

Hero
@Pug_777wow Merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 94 (7,776 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Style Influencer: Skill level not Properly recognized

★★ Pro
@Sunflower7391 Looks like I have the same issue in style influencer job.The promotion task is 'reaching level 8 writing skill' and my sim reached level 10. The task is still showing as 'Reach level 8 Writing skill 3/8'.
Message 43 of 94 (7,750 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Looks like I solved this issue. I didn't do anything though.

4.jpg

For me, this was not fulfilled although my sim improved writing skill level up to 10.

But anyway, I sent him to work and set the work status as 'work hard'.

I heard the good music sound and checked he got promoted although the promotion task was not recognized.

Untitled-19.jpg

Now after the promotion,the promotion task is fully recognized.

If it doesn't work, then try to send your sim to work from other lot.

In my case, he was about to attend the graduation ceremony.

Suddenly he started to move while waiting the graduation ceremony in Britechester Uni lot.

I had another sim for graduation ceremony, so I sent him to work straightaway from Uni lot.

I feel like it might be connected with this bug that the sim loses their prep tasks after moving to other lots for acting sim like this.

7.jpg

After coming back home from Graduation ceremony..

5.jpg

It shows as they are not completed. It's just my personal opinion. =)

I'm sorry to show this another issue but I'm not asking for fixing this bug.

I just wanted to show these to explain my opinion.

How about trying to move to another lot and see the task is still not recognized?

Message 44 of 94 (7,735 Views)

★ Guide

In my case, this bug is rather a display error in the career panel. My sim in the style influencer career skilled up the Photography skill to 3, the career panel still showed it at level 2. But my sim went to work and he got promoted despite in the career panel, the Photography skill was still shown as if it is at level 2.

Message 45 of 94 (7,651 Views)

[PS4] Style Influencer: Skill level not Properly recognized

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.23.61.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday celebration pack Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be promoted to stylist in trendsetter career Practice writing skill until level six for the promotion requirement
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim reaches level 6 of the writing skill and continues to level up, but the promotion detail still say she is level 5 out of 6. Can't progress through career. Tried restarting the game and closing the application and still didn't work. Could possibly have happened after buying an aspiration reward for my sim to be able to level up every skill faster, while practicing writing on the computer. I've also tried quitting the job and joining it back, and using cheats and manually leveling up her writing skill it still hasnt updated.
What do you expect to see? That the requirement will update to show my sim has reached that skill level, and promote them
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

(CM: Double template removed.)

Message 46 of 94 (6,673 Views)

Re: Career promotion bug with skills

★ Novice

Apparently she was able to be promoted, but it took the game a while to do so. And it still said she needed to level up when it did this. Hoping it doesnt glitch when I have to level up to 7 in writing.

Message 47 of 94 (6,643 Views)

Re: [PS4] Style Influencer: Skill level not Properly recognized

Hero
@EmbrosaTheRose This is a known issue

PC thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Style-Influencer-Skill-level-not-Properly-recogniz...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 94 (6,602 Views)

Designer Career Broken for almost 2 Years....

★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.22
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except: Luxury Party Stuff Pack and Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join the Designer Career
What happens when the bug occurs? Many bugs in this career, with issues being reported online since 2018. Work tasks don't register as completed, sketching option doesn't appear at times, and Photography skill doesn't register as being leveled up in order to advance in the career.
What do you expect to see? Tasks and Requirements registering as completed or met when they are completed/met.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The Design Career is broken and has been since, at least, late 2018. Please address this issue with a patch.

Message 49 of 94 (7,724 Views)

Re: Designer Career Broken for almost 2 Years....

Hero
@Phantasmray Please make one thread per issue. Each of them need to be fixed seperate and hence reported seperately

The skill issue has a thread here:

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Style-Influencer-Skill-level-not-Properly-recogniz...

For the sketch pad. Is this your issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Creating-sketches-breaks-Digitalastic-Sketchpad/... ? If not, please post more details in a seperate thread.

Which of the work tasks do you still have issues wtih ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 94 (7,673 Views)