[OPEN] Stuff on Desks under Top Bunk disappear

by BloodyCanoness

Original Post

Laptop goes into inventory after leaving lot

★★★★ Novice

Every time my sim leaves their lot, everything on her desk (anyone of the bunk beds with a desk underneath from the  dream home decorator pack) including the desk chair gets removed and placed onto the inventory. 

I can’t upload pictures because they are too big.

Message 11 of 57 (2,528 Views)

Re: Laptop goes into inventory after leaving lot

Hero
@DrRiverSong83 I merged your post with the bug report on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 57 (2,489 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Stuff on Desks under Top Bunk disappear

★★★ Guide

PS4 - All Packs

Same issue as described - if I take my sims off lot when they get back the chair & anything on the desk is missing (found in household inventory).

Don't know if it's the same bug but items from the cube furniture also go missing at the same time so I assume it is a bug in the Dream Home Decorator game.

Strangely I have twins - with identical bunks & desks but only one desk is affected with the bug...

Message 13 of 57 (2,453 Views)

★★ Pro
@AcaciaCEJ Yeah this does sound awfully lot like the DHD bug. I'd imagine the code for attaching stuff to bunkbeds is pretty similar to DHD modular furniture.
Also, I'm a bit afraid to use bunkbeds for university dorms now bc it's such a hassle to edit dorms even without disappearing furniture. :/
Message 14 of 57 (2,409 Views)

Objects randomly going into household inventory

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage living, snowy escape, discover university, island living, season, cats and dogs, city living, get to work, dream home decorator, realm of magic, parenthood, outdoor retreat, tiny living, fitness, backyard
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into live mode from any aspect of the game and two furniture objects are always randomly going into the household inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? A desk chair and laptop disappear into the household inventory on their own. Always the same two objects. It happens randomly, so I’m never sure what I’m doing when it happens. These two objects are connected to a desk that’s below a bunkbed. I’ve never had this problem before, and I have a matching set in the same room.
What do you expect to see? A desk with a chair and laptop.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Added more paintings mod, and an updated education mod

I just want this fixed! It’s very annoying!

Message 15 of 57 (2,392 Views)

Bunk Beds Desk Attachment issues

★ Guide

I attached a desk with a computer to a bunk bed. and when I leave the lot or exit the game and reload, it deletes everything on the desk and the chair along with it.

Message 16 of 57 (2,363 Views)

Re: Bunk Beds Desk Attachment issues

Hero (Retired)

@MoneyBrozYT I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 17 of 57 (2,329 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have also been having this problem! I’ll have two loft beds but the computer, chair and anything on the desk is gone whenever I come out of CAS or return back to the lot. I have never had any mods and I have never had any CC. It happens no matter how I have the room arranged. It’s very irritating to have to go into Build Mode to add everything back every single time. I hope there is a fix for this soon. It takes all the enjoyment out of having the loft/bunk bed feature. 

Message 18 of 57 (2,297 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Ajerin007 IKR - At first I loved these desks - put them in every build...but now between the bunk/desk issue & the cubby issue...ugh. They are unusable...literally when the desk chair end in HH Storage everytime you leave the house...
Message 19 of 57 (2,277 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It's November and I still have the same issue. Need some fix for this!!

Message 20 of 57 (2,111 Views)